special chapter

A special chapter after the original ending.

Soonyoung's POV

It's been five years since my best friend's child was born into this world. Wonwoo and Seung-ah had a baby boy named Joon. Joon was the first child born out of everyone from our friend group. Yes, most of us are fathers now. As if it was planned, one by one they got married and had children of their own. But, Joon was favorite if not for Wonwoo passing him on to me whenever he wanted alone time with his wife. In other words, I'm Joon's babysitter. At least, I'm his favorite babysitter.

"Joon-ah, come here." The 5-year-old ran to me and I crouched to wipe the ice cream all over his face with my handkerchief. "Aigoo~ Until when will you be a messy eater, hm?"

Joon chuckled at me. "Uncle Soon, the ice cream is just too good."

I shook my head and chuckled back at him. I looked over to Wonwoo who is looking lovingly at his child still messily eating his ice cream cone in hand. "Yah, why are you letting your kid eat dessert already? We haven't had dinner yet!", I told him.

Wonwoo scoffed. "You're not the one getting in trouble if my wife sees Joon throwing tantrums. I had to get him ice cream.", he said as an excuse.

"Tsk. You're spoiling him too much!"

"As if he isn't spoiled by his Uncle Soon too?"

"Yah, it's weird hearing you call me uncle. Stop that."

"Whatever, Uncle Soon." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Omo!" A voice came from the hallways. "Yah, Jeon Wonwoo!" 

I see Seung-ah storming down the hall. She had an annoyed look on her face, a frequent sight to see whenever she looks at Wonwoo. "Why are you letting Joon eat ice cream already?", she scolded him. 

She took Joon in her arms and wiped his face with her own handkerchief. "Joon-ah, what did mommy tell you about eating sweets before meals?", she cooed at her son. 

Joon pouted and his eyes drooped in guilt. Of course, mommy is always right. He looked at his dad and handed his ice cream to him. "Daddy, I don't want it anymore."

Wonwoo shook his head but only smiled at his son. "Okay, okay, I'll finish it."

I looked at the happy family with a big smile plastered on my face. Having seen everything that Wonwoo and Seung-ah went through from the weird and rough start to the beautiful present in front of me makes me feel special to have witnessed it all. 

After Seung-ah lightly scolded Wonwoo again, she turned to look me with a smile. "She's beautiful.", she told me.

I pursed my lips. Of course, she is.

Today is Miyoung's wedding.

Actually, she already had a wedding in the U.S. but our parents also wanted one to be held here in South Korea. Something about having a Korean type of wedding they wanted for their daughter. I guess it's alright since most of her friends from here weren't able to go, too. Neither did I, having to be busy with as the head of the company now. 

"How long until the wedding starts, by the way?", Wonwoo asked. 

"There's still a lot of people greeting her in the room. I mean, it's been a while since she came back, too.", Seung-ah said.