•Soft Pt. 3• [C:G]

Imagine
Word Count: 1,243

Y/N Pov.

Beth glances at Carl, then stares back at you. "Did I just, interrupt something?"
"No Beth, don't worry about it." You reluctantly say, grasping hold of the semi-auto, Beth was holding.

Unlatching the thick steel guard tower's door. You rush up the the steps, taking a seat in one of the two, lookout chairs.

Beth sits with a substantial sigh, next to you obviously wanting to say something.

"What do you have to say, Beth?" Your eyes automatically going into stealth mode. Scanning the surrounding woods an fence perimeter.

"I don't have anything to say." Emphasis on 'have', "Just a question." She adds.

For a moment, your eyes drop to your thighs as your grip around the deadly weapon loosens. Turning to look at Beth signaling to her you were ready for the question.

"Why was Carl by the guard tower? If he wasn't planning on joining?"

You sigh, yourself not fully understanding why.

"I don't completely know, Beth."

She nods, while bitting the insides of her lip.

"All I can tell you, is that he was nervous." You add.
"Well, in that case. What did he tell you?"

You shake your head, trying to remember.

"Something about, him knowing it hasn't been long, but he feels me and him have something special. He said, something like, every time he looks at me. His heart takes a leap and his eyes stay focused on only me."

Beth huffs, shaking her head, while grinning. "Wow, thought you smart."

"What do you mean?" Your dumfounded.
"Ugh, what was the last thing he said?"
"'Y/N I like you, and I want to-', that was it." You state like it is no big deal.

"For Christ sake, Y/N! He just admitted why he was here!" Beth says enthusiastically, startling you.

You eyes still looking into Beth's, "Beth don't you understand?"

"What, that the kid likes you?" She asked, "I think I found out before you did."

"Carl is teenage boy, full of hormones and in the process of growing up. I wouldn't be surprised, if he just learned, how to jack-off yesterday." Your lips pursed, the outside of your lip. Remain gripped between your top an bottom teeth.

"Well, you might be right on that one." She nods her head, cracking a smile.

Keeping a straight face, not impressed by her effort to cheer you up. Your eyes eventually gaze back at the forest, hers still left looking at you aimlessly.

"I thought, him liking you was a good thing?" Beth plainly states.

"I-I guess it is Beth, but as of right know. As of this moment, I don't know what to do, think, say or even act on this situation."