•Dumb Bitch• [C:G]

Imagine
Word Count: 769

You grunt practically out of breath, as you continue push forward. Yours legs felt as if mush, your muscles aching from drastic loss in energy.

"Run.."

The only word, constantly repeating inside of your head. Your body soon began to show it.

Twigs and leaves snapped, under the weight of your worn body.

You dodge a tall maple, just to hide against the one behind it.

Your lungs search for air, as memories come flooding back to you. Eventually drowning you in your own thoughts.

The farm a once lived safe haven, the group a different blooded family. Mom your moral support, and Carl your shoulder to cry on. All of which are gone, unaccounted for. They're just gone.

You stomach pained as they replayed in your head.

"Daryl we have to-" You start, lack of air limiting your words. "We gotta go get em'! We can't just let em die!" You blurt out.

His stone cold eyes, turn sharply towards you. Answering your question with a strong glare.

"My mom, Daryl. We gotta see if she is alright." Your tone lowered, returning the sharp glare.

He huffs, annoyed. "Carol your ma, will be fine."

"What about the rest of the group?" You reply, equally as annoyed.

With no answer, you begin to lose you temper. "DARYL!" You yell, in effort to gain his attention. However despite your reasoning, you earn just a grunt.

You got to thinking, there're ten possibly fifteen geeks ahead of you. You couldn't afford to waste ammo, last resort being hunting knives.

Instantaneously, you leapt from behind the tree. Grabbing the nearest walker, while plummeting the eight inch stainless steel death trap, into the walkers' skull.

When Daryl witnessed the what should have been, lucky kill, he tenses up. The rush of adrenaline kicking in. "What the hell are you doing!" He stated more then asked.

"Finding my family, beating this world!" You yell back, slashing you knife into any thing that had gotten to close.

"Get back! You dumb bitch! Your gonna get yourself killed!" His raspy voice, over powering yours.

You don't bother to say anything in reply, instead you continue slay one after the other. Finally Daryl joins you, within moments all walkers are either stabbed or left with crossbow bolt in them.

Daryl an you are left panting, trying to regain your breath. You're lunched over hands on your knees.

"I'm the dumb bitch?" You breath out, forgetting about the insult till now. Your hands detach from your knees as you return to a standing position. "I'm the dumb bitch!" You repeat, tone of voice rose to a yell.

Suddenly you hear twigs snap in the distance. As if by instinct, you reach for you 9mm in self defense.

"Y/n?" An all to familiar voice, spoke. You couldn't mistake who it was, you'd know that voice anywhere.

"Carl?" You breath out. Suddenly when his eyes meet yours, you drop your gun and take off running.

Not bothering to slow down, running at full speed. Embracing Carl into a hug. While you hug Carl, you hear more brittle leaves break. With arms still wrapped around Carl, your head turns to face the suspicions noises.

Your mouth dropped, as if having lost all strength. "Mom!"

This time however slowing down to greet her, lacing your arms around her in shock.

Tears began to fall from your eyes, "I thought you were dead." You state as your arms loosen from your mothers body. 

"It is okay, I am here now." She calmly states, her thumb sliding over your blood splattered check.

You back away so Daryl could have his share, giving your mom a friendly-reassuring hug. You watch in awe, as the two show off their playful an intimate relationship. Unexpectedly, Carl grasps his hand around or forearm, pulling the two of you a few feet further into the woods.

The rest of the group, being to occupied with forming a plan, hadn't taken it to notice. Effortlessly Carl lightly pushes your back against a tree. The side of the tree in which you where on, was facing away from the group.

In a matter of seconds, you felt his lips push against yours. A soft and gentle kiss, delicately shared between the two of you.

When he breaks the kiss, your eyes flutter open. A proud smile lays plastered across his face.

"So.. Why are you a dumb bitch?" He asks humorously.

"Long story." You say with a smile across yours.

Maybe things can be normal again. Even if normal is an understatement.

---------------------------
Yay! Finally done! Hope you enjoy!