Chapter 4

I was awoken by Reaper pulling me out of one of my night terrors with soothing words. "Rayne, wake up. Please Rayne, wake up it's all a bad dream. It's all Okay, everything is fine. You are safe here with me." But the truth is I will never be safe until he is dead he will always try and find me but this time he will do more damage.

I was awoken by Reaper pulling me out of one of my reoccurring nightmare with soothing words.  "Rayne, wake up. Please Rayne, wake up its all a bad dream. It's all Okay, everything is fine. You are safe here with me." But the truth is I will never be safe. Not until he is dead he will always try and find me but this time he will do more damage.

"Rayne sweetheart, what happened what was that?" Reaper looked confused, angry and like he actually cared? But he has only known me for what 2 days, it must just be my nightmare confusion.

"It was just a nightmare, Reaper I'm fine." I dismissed him like I hated him, like his presents had no effect on me at all. When is presents made me tremble, and I could see the good in things again.

"Don't tell me your fucking fine right now. Do not lie to my face. I don't care if it's a tiny little thing, but do not lie to me; especially when you are still shaking." He was angry at me; it took me back to my dream. I flinched away from him, he saw me flinch and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Was he calming himself to... talk to me?

"What about we carry on our game... the question game like we played it the first time?" He wasn't even going to push me on what the dream was. maybe I should give him a chance. Without replying I got up and sat in his lap, moved his arms so they were holding my waist. He was tense to start with but slowly he relaxed around me.

"What's your real name Reaper?" I had been curious about this for sometime since screaming Reaper earlier felt wrong. However Reaper tensed at my question. "You don't have to answer it, if you don't want to, I can easily ask something else."

"No, its just that I haven't been called my real name in a very long time that's all." He took another breath. "My real name is Judas Bentley Reynolds." He looked in pain from memories but I will not push him to things he is not ready to tell.

"Judas." I say testing the name on my tongue, and it was effortless. I loved the name, it was like the forbidden name. "your name means praised in Greek. Judas Bentley Reynolds, HEY we both have motor vehicles as our middle names. Your question"

"Why did you start to fight."

I went rigid.

I couldn't move.

I couldn't breathe.

Then I thought that if Judas could tell me his name then I can relax because he won't force me to say anything that makes me feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. "You could say I have a Troubled past. That is why I fight; I needed to learn how to protect myself. But those reasons you don't need to know, because you will look at me differently" Tears were building up in my eyes thinking about every ones change towards me when it happened. Only a few people didn't change like Charlie he was there to take the bad memories away and change my look on things for the good again.

"I don't think anything could change the way I see you Rayne. You could be an alien and I wouldn't care. Or you could have been raped like Chris' old lady was 2 years back and I will be here to keep you safe." How did he know? Who told him? Were the only things running through my mind. I jumped away from him to the other side of the bed, some distance is what I needed.

"Who told you? Who told you I was raped? I bet who ever told you forgot to leave out the part where I was beaten within an inch of my life, also the fact that I still have the scars that I have to look at every day." The tears by now were unstoppable and my voice was broken.