Chapter 10

When I woke up, I had a headache unlike one I've ever had before. I also didn't wake up on my own this time. The lights were on and Cal stood in my doorway with a new suit on, and with his tie still undone. He didn't have his usual smile on his face that I saw almost every time I woke up in the morning.

"Morning," he greeted before walking over to my closet and shuffling through the clothes. I covered my eyes with my arm and threw my head back onto my pillow. I let out a groan and I heard Cal give a forced chuckle. "Shouldn't have ever listened to Nick." I silently agreed with him.

"What are you doing?" I grumbled out while sitting up. I clutched my head and cried out in pain, why did it feel like this?

"You're hungover," Cal told me while throwing clothes onto my bed. It was one of the nicer pair of jeans and a white button up shirt. "And since Nick decided to get drunk and pass out on my couch, you're coming to work with me."

I groaned, "Why don't I just stay here?"

"This is your punishment for listening to him." Cal let out a genuine laugh this time. He exited the room real quick before coming back with a pill bottle and a glass of water. "Since I'm not completely evil, I'll give you these." He poured out two pills and gave me a glass of water. I took both and drank some water before giving it back to him and collapsing on the bed.

"Get dressed, we leave in 40 minutes!" Cal called as he walked out of my room. I let out a cry of despair, but he didn't respond. I felt terrible as I dragged myself out of the bed and into the bathroom. The shower definitely made me feel much better, but it didn't wake me up. I got dressed in what Cal put out for me and put on the fancier shoes that Cal and I got a few days ago.

When I walked into the living room, Nick was still sitting on the couch cradling his head. Cal was pouring what looked to be a dark liquid into a large cup before screwing on a cap. He came over to me and handed me a black tie. I looked down incredulously at it. I put it around my neck but let it there because I didn't know how to tie it.

"Man, do I regret raiding your kitchen," Nick groaned. "Trinity is going to kill me."

"Yeah, I regret it too," Cal responded sarcastically. "But seeing as I'm obviously the better friend of this relationship, I called Trinity last night to tell her where you were."

"She's still going to kill me."

"I sure hope so." Cal was shoving papers into his bag like he was doing yesterday morning as well. He looked up to see my tie still undone and rolled his eyes. He walked over to me and started to tie it for me. I looked up at him sleepily while he stayed focused on my tie. When he finished it he walked back into the kitchen and grabbed both of us some sort of breakfast pastry.

"Do you want coffee?" Cal asked while holding up a pot of the dark liquid.

"What's that?" I walked over to the counter to look closer at it.

"Jesus, you're right, He really was deprived," I heard Nick call from the living room. Cal didn't say anything and just poured a small amount into a cup for me to taste. When I did, I almost spat it all over him, but I ran to the sink instead and spit it out.

"Should've known," Cal commented while I rinsed my mouth with water. There was still an aftertaste. I watched him as he decided to pour some into another large cup like his, even though I clearly didn't like it. He then went to the fridge to pull out a bottle of something and poured a bit of it into the coffee. He got some sugar as well and added it to the large cup before stirring it. He screwed on the lid before handing the cup to me to try again. I took it and hesitantly took another sip. I was surprised to find it tasted a lot sweeter and had a hazelnut taste. It burned a little bit, but I couldn't stop taking multiple sips of the coffee.