The Reluctant Messenger Part IIX

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­I travelled to the food lab where the delicious scents of food overwhelmed me. Colourful tables filled the room and strange looking cliques like in high school had formed at certain tables. A boy sitting alone with a platter in front of him hummed with closed eyes. He put his hands above the platter and a sort of food appeared, it was blue in colour and smelt like raspberries, it looked like a smooth and light mousse and it began to float about two centimetres above the platter. I sat down and the sound startled him, eyes opening in a flash. I smiled as he continued and made what looked like long clear rectangular sticks appear under the floating mousse.

“Done!” He exclaimed grabbing a stick, dipping it and shoving it in his mouth with a crunch. “Berry-Cloud mousse with apple crunch sticks! Try some! I’m Ren by the way, are you new?”

“Yeah, I’m Zo. Came here yesterday.” I said before I grabbed a stick covered in mousse and shoved it in my mouth. “WOW! That is good,” I said. It was the best thing I had ever tasted and it was as though I could eat and eat and never be bloated.

“Let me try,” I said as I placed my hands above the platter and thought of red gummy sweets with sour liquid inside. There was a warmth in my hands and as the heat flowed from my hands to the plate I felt the sweets appear on top of the mousse, one fell off and toppled into my lap, so I stopped. I popped it into my mouth and chewed  as the sweet burst letting the juice swirl around my mouth. I smiled.

“Wow, that’s real good for a first timer,” Ren said. I smiled as I crunched on another apple flavoured stick.

Just a bit of a filler guys, rate, like, whatever hope you like these chapters. Sorry for not uploading for months too! X loro

p.s. suggestions are most welcome to be left in the comments below :D