Chapter 5- The Tanner's are Taking Over

**Layken, Ryleigh, and Chyanne's outfits on side**

Chapter 5- The Tanner’s are Taking Over.

“Ok, So let me get this straight…every time he gets close to you, smiles at you, or touches you in any way you get butterflies?” Lucy asked me. I could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

“Yeah pretty much. I don’t know what to do Lu! I’ve only known him for barely a day, and we really haven’t talked much. Alone that is, I mean, we’ve talked in like a group conversation, but nothing other than that really.” I sighed. “…he did call me a ‘pretty girl’ though. Do you think I’m reading too much into it? Layken already has herself convinced that I have a crush on him…”

“I think that you need to turn your flirt on, and catch him as if this was a fishing competition, and he was the prized bass!”  I laughed. This girl knows how to brighten my day. “But honestly, I think that there could be something there, but it’s hard to tell. I’m not there to see what you see…just promise me one thing…” “Yeah, what is it” I asked her. “Don’t fall too fast. I know you, and you are like, the sweetest person ever when I comes to guys. Almost naïve about them. And it’s no secret that he has a past with women, just…I don’t know, don’t be upset if it doesn’t work out. I can hear it in your voice…you do like him.” She sounded worried.

“I’ll try…But you know, I can’t help how I feel sometimes. But I promise, I’ll try not to fall too fast.” “Thank you. Now, I have some news!” Lucy exclaimed. She went from serious, to excited in a matter of seconds.

“Oh yeah, enlighten me” I said, laughing at her bipolar tendency. “Ok, ok, ok…I bought my plane ticket to Huntington yesterday. I’ll be there in 2 weeks!” She squealed through the phone. “Ahhh!!! Finally! I freakin’ miss seeing your face every day!! Oh, and I did happen to show a certain someone a picture of my best friend that I have saved on my phone” I said. A giant-ass smirk on my face.

“A certain someone? A certain someone named Zacky Vengeance?” I could hear the excitement in her voice. She’s had a huge crush on him for so long. And they’re both kinda slutty, so I give it 4, maybe 5 days after they meet each other, to bang each other’s brains out.

“That man and I will make beautiful children one day.” She sounded serious about that. “Ahahaa, well, we’ll see. But as for now, I must bid you adieu my love.” I laughed at her. She said bye, and we hung up.

The house is quite quiet today. Ryleigh is taking a nap, Layken is making cookies (best sister ever!), Matt and Zack went to the batting cages, because Zacky bet Matt 100 bucks that he could hit more baseballs then him. Those boys will bet on anything. Brian was going to his dad’s house for dinner, Johnny is fuckin’ M.I.A, and Jimmy said, “I’m going to hang out with my lady love!” I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend. Evidently Layken hasn’t met her either.

I get downstairs and hear the song ‘Hey Mickey!’. Really Layken? I walked into the kitchen, and started  laughing quietly. She was standing in front of the counter dancing around, while mixing some more cookie dough.

She turned around and let out an ear piercing scream. Luckily she didn’t drop that bowl of mixed goodness. (: “Holy shit, Chyanne! What are you trying to do, give me a freaking heart attack!?” By now I was hunched over laughing my ass off. “Oh my god, you should have seen your face!!!” I exclaimed, while wiping the tears from my eyes.

“It’s not funny, I nearly pissed myself! I had no idea you had come in here, I thought you were some kind of serial killer or somethin’!!!” She exclaimed while trying not to laugh.