24

PARK YEBIN

A few months had passed and hongbin decided to take me on a date. It seemed as if he took a hiatus just to plan this out for me. Since the vixx members had a week's break, he decided to take me to Jeju island. I squeezed his hand tightly because I was afraid of planes. My father worked in aviation, and I often had to fly to places due to his training. That however, didn't help my fear of planes. Hongbin recognised my nervousness and reassured me.  There was something about his presence that somewhat calmed me. Maybe because I felt quite comfortable with him. Today was a particularly cold day and I made sure to wear at least five layers of clothing. When I left the entertainment, I knew I looked like a snowman. It was roughly 6 degrees at 7am in the morning and it was c o l d. Hongbin however, didn't seem bothered by any of the cold. He wore a brown coat, jeans, a grey scarf and sunglasses. He considered his grey scarf as a lucky charm because his mom knitted it for him. It smelt like vanilla and cinnamon cupcakes.

When we got to the airport terminal, we checked in and went to find some breakfast. Our adventure led us to Paris Baguette and Starbucks. I bought a warm cream cheese bagel and a hot chocolate. Hongbin bought a toasted sandwich and a caramel latte. I never enjoyed coffee because of its scent and acquired flavour.  The only time I ever tasted coffee was when my dad added cocoa to his coffee and I mistook it as hot chocolate. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

It was 9:30am and our flight was scheduled to leave in fifteen minutes. My phobia of planes was really getting to me, and I probably resembled a five year old child. I began to sing one of the jellyfish trainee songs out of sheer nervousness.

*insert Zion .T - Yanghwa bridge lyrics here*

I didn't know how long I had been singing for when I felt hongbin's arm around me. I held my breath as he seemed to edge closer towards me. I could tell that he was about to hug me and attempt to reduce some of my nervousness, when suddenly he fell forward and practically squished me. I suddenly felt claustrophobic as I had about 55kg of idol weight piled on top of me. He detached himself off me almost immediately as he realised the situation.

'I'm really sorry Yebin, I'm really rally sorry.'

I looked up behind him and saw a fan that seemed suspiciously like a sasaeng fan with her camera out snapping photos of us. I swear, I almost swore out loud. I just hoped that this 'sasaeng' fan was nice enough to respect our privacy. We boarded our flight to Jeju island. It was one of the shortest flights I've ever taken, but possibly one of the most bumpy flights out of them all. Jeju island supposedly was a lot more colder than Seoul this time of year, and a lot more windier. It was the beginning of spring, and Korea was only just snapping out of the winter chill. As we descended down into Jeju international airport, we were greeted by the breathtaking views of ocean and the new flowers on the cherry blossom trees. I guess the flight wasn't too bad after all.

When we arrived in Jeju, it was 11am. The first thing I wanted to do was scoff down some warm budaejigae. I guess hongbin felt the same too. We both went to our hotel and unpacked our bags. There were no cameras filming us, so it really felt like a private date.