22

LEE HONGBIN

I watched her eat her meal as I thought about what she said. She was right, but being the concerned person I was, I had my concerns. How would the public that aren't byulbit react to it? Was I ready for this?

Maybe I wasn't.

I finished the remaining kimchi in my bowl and began to clean up. While I was cleaning, she came up to me and said,

'You know that we still have tons of time before choosing to reveal right, it's only been a month since we were official."

She was right. At least she was considerate of our relationship, and didn't wish to ruin it this quickly.

We took our plates back down to the cafeteria on the 1st floor.

'Thanks, ahjumma."

As we made our way back up to the dorm, it occurred to me that dating a trainee wasn't the most mature thing for a senior to do.

'Do you think it's bad for someone with my status to date a trainee?'

I had mixed thoughts about her answer.

'It depends, really.'

'What do you mean?'

'It depends whether our society treats love as "love", or love as in status love.'

'Status love is love according to status. Senior and senior, trainee and trainee.'

I couldn't help admiring this girl. For a twenty-one year old, she sure had a lot of sense. She seemed to know the real world all too well.

'If the public were to bash us, let them bash us. They have no say in our relationship. After all, they're just a few of the 7 billion and counting people in this world.'

I laughed.

After all, I had to laugh. She had a sense of humour.

When we got up to the dorm, she paused and told me she had to leave.

'Where are you going?'

'Late night practise.'

She left with a smile.

I left with mixed emotions.

I unlocked the dorm door and paused. Sighing deeply, I turned around and headed for the CEO's office. I had to put everything straight for the two of us, and now was the right time.

When I reached his office, I entered and sat down. After a minute or two, the CEO looked up at me and smiled.

'What brings you to see me at this hour?'

'There's something I have to tell you.'

---------
Five minutes later, I walked out of his office a better person. I felt a sense of relief after explaining my situation. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I never knew how much of a burden relationships were when you're in the singing industry until now. I was glad that I had gotten that done.

It was 10pm and I decided to meet the members, who were all watching a drama in N's dorm.

'Hey hongbin.'

I sat down with them and began watching the half watched drama. Of course, it was the same drama that they watched weekly. I wasn't too fond of kdramas until I was given a chance to star in one. That changed my view on dramas forever.

I was starting to get bored and full after stuffing myself with box by box of popcorn when Ken suggested that we should watch my drama.

'We haven't had a chance to gather together like this very often, so how about we commemorate this by watching Hongbin's drama.'

I didn't have a chance to disagree.

We had watched a couple of episodes when I decided to interrupt.

'Er.....'

'What is it hongbin?'

I contemplated about whether to be straightforward and explain it all in one go or pour out random sentences.

I decided to go straightforward.

'I'm thinking of taking a short hiatus before our comeback.'