Chapter 8

Skye's POV:

It's been four weeks since the whole thing at school happened. Danica has yet to bother me or my family. Jackson has switched his schedule so we have no classes together. Which I'm very thankful for. Me and Lucas are going strong. He's just too adorable. Ella and Dean never shut up. Perfect for each other. Kyla an Andrew are just plain dumb. Also perfect for each other.

"Mom can we go to the park with the boys?" I ask my mom when I get into the kitchen.

"Be home before ten." She says. I thank her and go tell the others we are going to the park. I put on a pair of skinny jeans with a maroon tank top along with maroon converse. My hair was already curly from this morning. We had to get all fancied up because dad had guest over for brunch. It is currently three so we have plenty of time with the boys.

"You ready?" Hunter asked coming into my room. I nod and we all head out. We decide to walk since it's not that far. When we got there I go to the swings to wait. Kyla and Ella take the swings next to me and the boys sit on the ground in front of us. I was just sitting there talking to them when my swing goes back and I was released. I squeaked when I almost hit Hunter in the face but he dodged it just in time. I jump off and look behind me. I see the boys and they were all smiling. The culprit was just staring at me and I at him. Lucas starts laughing when I tackle him.

"You idiot. You scared me." I said playfully hitting his chest.

"You'll survive." He said with a childish grin. I just roll my eyes and stand back up. Him following in pursuit.

"So what's the plan?" I ask them.

"Well we were planning on going for a walk. Wanna do that?" Dean asked. We all nodded and we left. The whole walk I held Lucas's hand. We've been walking for four hours now.

"I'm cold." I said randomly. Lucas took his hoodie off and gave it to me. I kissed his cheek and put it on. He's not getting this back.

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow." I said after a few moments of peaceful silence.

"Me neither." The others said.

"Has Danica or Jackson given you trouble lately?" Dean asked.

"No but I have a feeling Danica is planning something and I feel that something is going to take place tomorrow." I said with a frown.

"Don't worry we won't let anything happen to you." Andrew said. I nodded.

"Just watch your backs tomorrow. Never let your guard down." I tell them.

"We should get home. Mom just called." Hunter said.

"Yeah." I said still thinking about tomorrow.

"Wanna go with us and I'll take you home?" I asked the boys.

"Sure." They said. We started walking to the house. It wasn't far away since we stayed near the park the whole time.

"Mom I'm taking the boys home." I tell my mom when we get home.

"Okay but hurry back." She said. I grabbed my keys and me and the boys walked out to the car. I dropped Andrew off first.

"Hey it's going to be okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Lucas said when we got to his house. Dean left me and Lucas alone.

"I'm just scared. We never know what could happen. We don't know what she has planned. It could be bad." I tell him.

"But we also don't know if she has anything planned." I nod and kiss him goodnight. He left and I went home.

"I'm back." I told mom when I came in.

"Good. Are you okay?" She asked looking at me. I nodded. I started to head up to my room but a males voice stopped me.

"Now you don't even say hi to your uncle? Adlynn what did you do to this poor girl?" Who is that?

"May I ask which uncle are you. Because I'm pretty sure I've never seen you before." I said.

"Austin she doesn't remember you. So she might not remember Cody or Daniel or Steven." Mom said.

"Austin." I said more to myself trying to remember.

"The last time you saw him was two years ago at your grandparents funeral." Mom said.

"It rings a bell. But I just can't remember." I said.

"Well then I guess I'll leave. I wanted to visit you all but I guess you're the only one that doesn't remember me. Goodnight Adlynn." He said walking past us.

"You idiot give me a hug. I was joking." I said hugging him.

"Did she just call me an idiot?" He asked mom.

"Yes. Yes she did." Mom said with a smile.

"She takes after you." He said shaking his head and giving me a hug.

"You love us." Me and mom said at the same time.

"Sadly." He said.

"How long are you staying?" I asked him.

"A week. Cody, Daniel, and Steven are here. But they are all asleep. It's just the four of us. The wives have the kids." He said.

"Cool. Now I'm very tired. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day. A very long day. Which I'm not prepared for." I said walking upstairs mumbling to myself.

"What was that about?" I heard Austin ask mom.

"I don't know." She said. I got to my room and changed into pajamas. I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. I'm so not ready for tomorrow.