18 - Keep Lying

It's already 6 PM, and Soarin and I haven't even started on the chemistry video yet. My friends left at 4 PM, and it's been two hours since we told them that we are busy. Why am I even bothering with this chemistry project anyway I don't even care about school. If Soarin didn't rub in my face that he'll fail and his mom would kill him I would be sleeping right now. Why did he even think it was a good decision to be partners with me. 

I mean, I don't fail my classes, but I'm certainly the top procrastinator anyone has ever met, and that made people avoid being partners with me. Soarin could've just chose that one nerd that likes him, I mean, they are 1 seat apart on their row, and this girl is obvious about her feelings I'm disgusted. Honestly, I'm not disgusted about her having feelings for Soarin, but I'm disgusted at that she has come to the point where she's literally starting at him. I'd sometimes catch her stealing glances and sometimes, when Soarin is calling me whist I ignore him, she would stare at me too. She's like some middle school girl, because sometimes she would also give up her pen for Soarin because that dumbass goes to school without a pen. 

Me and Soarin are currently chilling in my house, while he's lying on the large sofa with his laptop on his laps, I'm on my phone on the other large sofa that is parallel to his. I just ordered chicken alfredo and oil pasta and two boxes of pizzas without him knowing. I don't know what he's doing, but since he's connected to the wifi, I'm thinking he's watching porn. 

Just kidding, he's writing his essay for literature class, some dumb book analysis or something that I didn't even read. Soarin is a smart student, but sometimes he's caught up with his friends. Thunderlane literally fails his classes, he doesn't even care if he fails in everything but the school can't drop him out because the guy is part of the varsity team. Honestly, I don't even care, because when Soarin's around me he does his homework, like 7 out of 10 times, he'll do his homework. Soarin is just really... I don't know the word I mean this guy has been living in Manhattan since birth, at a young age he's already busy with being a celebrity. 

I actually hate being around Soarin, because everyone likes this guy. Not that no one likes me, I mean I'm nice to everyone, I think, but I just hate being around everyone, like, I did not ask for this attention. I couldn't tell anyone to fuck off anyway, but i'll definitely tell Pinkie to fuck off. 

I actually don't like dealing with Pinkie Pie if I have to be honest, she's good to be around, positive vibes and all, but for a person like me I don't need to deal with positivity everyday. I always feel like it doesn't balance me, and if it's not balance I'll be insane the entire day. 

"Hey, dash?" Soarin calls, his eyes still fixed on his laptop screen.

"What?" I said in a monotone voice and tilted my head a bit to look at him. "Why did your friends think it was your birthday today?" he asks while still not looking up. 

I bit my tongue lightly, and spaced out for a while. Holy shit. Holy shit. What am I supposed to say, I only told Pinkie it was Soarin's birthday was this month but not exactly today.  "Well, I-uh" I said while I think of a lie. Wait, why should I even lie. No I have to lie it's weird for people to be share other people's birthday what am I even thinking. "I kinda told Pinkie that someone was uh, having their birthday this month, but I didn't tell her when."

He finally looks up at me, "who's birthday then?" he asks and raises a brow. The look on his face tells me he's curious, maybe he's guessing that I did tell Pinkie it was his birthday on November. He doesn't seem too curious about it though. My eyebrows furrowed and my eyes dart up to the ceiling while thinking of another lie,  "I kinda forgot actually." 

He narrows his eyes at me and looks back at the screen, "you're lying." I push myself up and rest out both my hands down on the sofa, "No I'm not!" The doorbell suddenly rings and I quickly got up knowing it's the pizza I ordered 20 minutes ago. Soarin's eyes still narrowed followed me walking up to the door, "I'm not lying" I said and fake smiled. 

I gave the money and took pizzas and pastas and brought it to the table on the center of the living room. Soarin gave me a confused look, "you bought pizzas?" I ignored his question and opened the four boxes in front of me. He finally got off the couch and smiled cheekily at me, "Wow, Dash, I did not know you cared about me." I rolled my eyes at him, "I do not give a fuck about you, dumbass, I'm just a very considerate person cause I was hungry, and I decided to be altruistic because I couldn't stand the sight of your saliva dripping while I eat."

He chuckles, "You say a lot of things but don't say the truth." 

I scoffed, "I always tell the truth, and always the truth."

"Oh really? What about that time where you denied your love for me."

"I did deny it because it wasn't true."

"Yeah, yeah, I believe you" he says sarcastically. "Someday you'll finally realize that you can't stand to be away from me for more than 10 feet and you'll stop denying to yourself that you do have feelings for me."

I laugh and rolled my eyes, "You say a lot of things but don't say the truth." I say in a mocking tone. He puts oil pasta down on the table and walks up close to me and then bends down to my height where his face is almost near mine. A pizza was hanging on my mouth and my eyes widens when his face was a few centimeters away from mine, my face started to heat up. 

"Why are you blushing?" a smug smiles stretches on his face. 

"I'm not" I said while pizza was still stuffed on my mouth. 

"Yes you are." I finally kicked his legs, and he falls down on the floor "Aw fuck! why do you have to do that!?" he whined while holding his one leg up. 

I swallowed the pizza and grinned, "Dumbass."

*****