Chapter 45 - Another challenge awaits.

Start from the beginning

One bowl of cereal later, he was ready, and just in time he realised, as the time was nearly nine ‘o’ clock.

He rushed out the door to everyone else sat around the campfire, all waiting for him.

“Well at least it wasn’t me who was last.” Hollie chirped.

The sun was already rising in the blue sky and a few rain clouds drifted around it.

“Sorry about that,” Jay excused, shutting his dorm door.

“Don’t worry, let’s go then guys,” Amy declared, leading the way wearing her Athena’s descendants t-shirt.

As they made their way over to the temple, more rain clouds formed in the sky, darkening the hideout. It had never rained at the camp since Jay had been here, he had presumed it never did.

They reached the temple and walked into the main hall all happy and laughing.

“Guys,” Amy hushed as she entered the room.

Jay looked around and saw that there, lay on the oval table, was a scroll with Greek writing scribbled on it.

“What is it?” Jay asked.

“It’s a note,” Alice replied.

“From Hecate,” Amy added, picking up the sheet.

Jay and his mates huddled around Amy as she read the note aloud,

“Sorry about leaving without warning, Zeus, as you can probably tell, was getting fidgety with me not on Olympus in his hands. The rain will soon pass when I arrive. So, yes, I’m sorry about the sudden leave and I would have loved to stay longer. Though I know we shall see each other soon and we can catch up about what you’ve done since I’ve been away. I will tell Athena about our discoveries and changes, I hope she likes them. If you ever want to talk to me just send a message via Porseus. He should answer to his name if you hold out something tasty. I will get some satyrs and nymphs to train him for me. So, I look forward to seeing you soon. Love, your friendliest goddess, Hecate. P.S. Mormo says high, and if you do anything bad you better watch out for bites. She is returning to her job as child biter,” Amy finished, putting the sheet down on the table, her uplifting smile too.

“She can’t have just left.” Philippa sprinted down the hallway to the guest room, opened it up and craned her neck. She shut the door and came running back still wearing a puzzled expression.

“Well that explains the rain clouds,” Amy said.

“She’s more powerful than Zeus, couldn’t she just ignore him?” Bobby suggested.

“Definitely not, Zeus would lock her up again good and proper. He’s got the support of all the other gods,” Hollie answered.