Chapter 34 - All is revealed.

Jay wondered what the lady had meant. ‘Listen to the words of others’? What was that supposed to mean?

“Where’s Mormo gone?” Hollie questioned.

“She was probably trying to take us off our track,” Jordan sighed.

“Well why are we running this way then?” Jay pondered.

“I don’t know.” Hollie stopped and turned to face everyone behind her.

“Why would Mormo take us past that weird lady anyway?” Broudie asked.

“I don’t think she was going to hurt us, or distract us from our quest either,” Claire told.

“Well she certainly radiated power,” Jordan said.

“Too right,” Jay agreed.

“Why are you not with the lady of the temple?” Mormo, the child biter, swooped from behind a massive pillar.

‘Lady of the temple? Oh great!’ Jay thought, ‘That means that we have to kill her so as we can get the jewel which is probably just a ring on her finger or something. Sounds perfect! More tiring fighting.’

“Well if it isn’t Mormo,” Hollie glared at her.

“What are you doing here?” she cried.

“Were looking for the jewel, not some crazy lady,” Jordan broke in.

“That was no crazy lady. You must go back.” Mormo shook her head.

“Like we’d listen to you,” Jay laughed.

“Listen to Mormo, please.”

“You lead us out of our way Mormo. You’re not a nice person at all,” Broudie sniggered.

“Mormo sorry, but you must go back to the lady, she is powerful.”

“You’re telling us, what did you expect us to get vaporized by her or something? Well unfortunately your plan failed,” Hollie said.

“No you do not understand,” Mormo insisted.

“No I think we understand perfectly, now it’s been nice meeting you, but we really must be going,” Claire retaliated.

“The lady, she is-” Mormo was interrupted by the others’ malicious remarks,

“A weirdo.”