Chapter 18 - The sisssters.

“Got yourself a fan club then huh?” Jay joked.

“They know quite a lot of English, and they’re really friendly,” Broudie said.

“The reason you liked them Broudie, was because they were looking up to you and calling you awesome,” Hollie said.

“Actually, they didn’t know the word awesome, so I told them to keep saying super instead.”

Jay smiled and then turned his head. As he did, his muscles stiffened and the entire room went silent, everything suddenly went into slow-mo.

Jay cringed and sank in his seat, feeling extremely vulnerable for no apparent reason. He tried hard to lift his head to see what was happening.

With one, faint grunt he raised his eyes to see a tall man wearing cool shades stood next to a much smaller guy with thick, long hair. They stood about three metres from him, jabbering away in a friendly Spanish accent. Jay furrowed his eyebrows as the taller man looked over and gave a super smiley ‘hey’ with his bulging eyes.

Jay tried a smile as the man’s happy face turned to a ‘do I recognise you’ expression.

“Pablo!” the smaller man signalled for them to move down the corridor, tugging at the taller man’s, cool-looking, jacket.

“Yes…Javier. I’m coming.”

They started to walk, the man named Pablo shaking off his stare.

Time caught up, noise returned and Jay’s muscles relaxed. He turned around completely drained to meet four other startled faces.

“Who was that?” Claire asked.

“I dunno.”

“God radiation thing?” Jay presumed.

“Well either a God or a very powerful magical. I’m presuming the latter as he doesn’t seem like a God,” Hollie corrected.

“Right,” Broudie concluded.

“Moving on,” Claire started, “squally ball!”

They sat there chatting for another half an hour, people slowly piling into the room and filling up the empty chairs. They all were either rich families or retired couples so Jay and his mates stuck out like a sore thumb.

The weird experience with the Pablo dude was a bit confusing, but none of the others seemed to bother dwelling on it, so Jay thought it was best to just leave it. ‘They didn’t get hurt so who cares!’ seemed to be the motto. If someone endangers or hurts someone else then they’re the enemy.