93 | Drag

| Ricky's POV |

We actually did it. We actually have kids, and it feels too sudden to be real. Technically they aren't our kids yet. We're only fostering them, and if we end up bonding with them I guess, we'll adopt them. That girl is going to drive me crazy though. I just know it. The thought of just "returning" them to the foster agency and getting a new set of kids is slightly disturbing to me though. They aren't objects. I don't know anymore.

Devin knew we were adopting, but he had no clue we were going to end up with two kids. I didn't know until it happened either! Chris and I discussed it and were fine with it if a circumstance like this happened. If I was in the foster system, I wouldn't want to be separated from my sister either. Although lately it feels like she doesn't give a shit about me. She stopped calling and only cares about Vinny. Chris tells me it's just young love, but it makes me want to puke.

Chris and I were making lunch together. Look at us, being a normal family. It doesn't feel as weird as I thought it would. It actually does feel somewhat... natural. We're technically still two gay goths covered in tattoos so I'm not sure we can we called "normal" but you know what I mean.

"Babe," Chris tried to catch my attention.

"Huh?" I asked, oblivious while I was cutting up fruit.

"Sit still," He giggled as he reached towards my hair, "You have a strawberry leaf in your hair."

"Oh, well, you have something on you too." I said.

"Where?" He questioned, now being the oblivious one.

I smiled and reached up towards him, "Right here." I mused and gently kissed him.

My arms wrapped around his neck. He held onto my hips, putting me into pure bliss. I loved this man so much. It was as simple as that. Chris held me just right, so I felt like I was protected from everything and everyone. I heard the bedroom door down the hall open and forced myself to part from him. I didn't was Sylvia to have another thing to complain about.

She surprisingly didn't look as bitchy when she came walking in the kitchen. Maybe she just has adjustment issues. I can imagine it's hard to get used to a new home as much as she's had to. Plus, getting used to our home? Yeah, I don't blame her for being a little pretentious. There's still no excuse for it.

"Lunch is almost ready. We're mostly just waiting on Devin to get here." Chris told her. He reached over my shoulder and grabbed one of the strawberries I had just cut.

I swatted his hand away, making him laugh. "Manners." I scolded him.

He pecked my cheek, "Sorry, Babe."

I pushed the strawberries off of the cutting board and onto the top of a salad. Chris grabbed the bowl and took it over to the kitchen table. It was then that Corbie came upstairs and in the same moment the doorbell rang. I sauntered over and opened the door, seeing Devin on the other side. He smirked as he handed me over my straightening iron. Which, I stupidly left on the bus last week and he thankfully caught for me.

"Thank you." I said and welcomed him inside, "We just finished getting lunch ready, actually."

"I hope nothing fattening. I'm trying to watch my figure." He joked, but in reality, he wasn't joking.

Devin has been in a bit of a feminine swing for a bit. He did choose to do a female character on our last tour, which probably lead to this. I laughed at his comment and ran back to our bedroom to put away my straightening iron. As I walked back out, Chris was in the middle of introducing Devin to the kids. I noticed Corbie was rather intrigued by Devin...

Oh, that's right. Mrs. Bird had mentioned that he's been having some gender identity issues for awhile. Devin carries being gender fluid with so much confidence. I'm sure that it interested Corbie a lot.

"The girls at home with Shiloh?" I asked Devin as we all made our way over to the table.

"Yeah. We did decide to start homeschooling Bella, and she started last week. She seems to like being home with us a lot. I was worried she would miss her friends." He said.

"She had a lot of problems getting bullied though." Chris mentioned.

"Why?" Sylvia asked, but thankfully it wasn't bitchy at all. She was genuinely asking.

Devin sighed, "The first few weeks she went there she didn't have a problem. They just assumed Shiloh was her dad and when they see my name down on paper, they thought I was her mother. Then I went to pick her up at school one day and one of the moms stopped me, asking me if I was her uncle or something. I told her I was her father and explained Shiloh was my husband. She went and told all the other moms, and the moms taught their kids bad morals. They all started to pick on Bella for having gay parents."

"Please tell me you picked her up for her last day in full drag?" Chris said.

He chuckled, "Right before we pulled her, they had the school carnival. Shiloh wasn't feeling well, so I took her. And yeah, I went in full drag. The looks I got were priceless."

"You should have taken a picture." I replied.

"They certainly did." He joked, "So, are these two going to school?"

"Yeah. They're already enrolled in the local high school and they're going to continue going there." Chris explained, "Sylvia, you're in your senior year anyways, right?"

"Um, n-no." She muttered, "I got held back a year when I was younger."

"Just means we get to enjoy your company longer." I smiled.

Yeah, as long as you stop being a bitch. She got more civil the longer she was here and I'm hoping it stays that way. So far they also haven't seen us in our makeup, though they have seen Devin in his. I don't think Corbie knows that we're both pretty decent at drag when we want to be. Maybe we can help him become a little more comfortable with the gender he wants to be.