79 | Us

(Thanks BabyGhost6 for going back and counting up the votes on the rings for me bc I'm lazy.) Rings and chapel pictured above ^

| Devin's POV |

There was nothing more I could do to ease Ricky's nerves. He was the only one that could help himself at this point. I did make him look fucking hot, if I do say so myself. He wore a white tux with black accents, whereas Chris wore a black tux with white accents. Chris has always looked great in a tux and Ricky shocked me with how well he looked. I'm sure they'll be ecstatic to see each other again.

The church was backed. Chris and Ricky decided to do away with traditional bride and groom roles. That, obviously, carried on to bridesmaids and groomsmen. Instead of men and women being split up in the wedding party, the couples were put evenly on either side of the alter. Shiloh walked down on my arm and we stood on the right. Kuza and December followed, standing on the left. Ryan and Vinny were on the right with us even though they weren't a couple, and Balz and Ryan-Ashley on the left side. My beautiful angel came down the isle with her basket of flower petals. She stood over by us once she was done.

The ring bearer came down, standing next to Bella. Then it was Chris and his mother. She kissed him on the cheek before sitting down in the first row pews. The wedding music picked up as the doors opened. Ricky's sister walked him down the isle. I could see all the fear subside in his eyes once he saw Chris. I told him he'd do better once they got to see each other.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate love in it's truest form. It is true that true love is patient, kind, and blind to ignorance. In the case of these two wonderful gentlemen, they have persevered through the highest of tides and the roughest storms to be together. Time has tested them and today, they get to let their love shine freely." The female officiant said.

She handed the mic over to Chris. He took a moment to collect his thoughts, getting that cute little smirk of his that he got when he was nervous. "I've written countless lyrics, both about love and hate. A lot of those stories I tell in our songs our inspired by all we've gone through. The good and the bad, I found a way to sing about it all, but when it came time to write these vows, I had no idea what to say. The thing is, just like those songs, those stories have an end. You and I though, our love will never end. How can I write anything that will do justice to that? I can't, but I will always tell you endlessly how much I love you.

I promise, no matter how grumpy you get before your morning coffee, I will remind you the second I see you that I love you. At the end of every phone call, and as you turn the light off every night, I will tell you I love you. Through my actions, I will show you I love you in every waking moment and even in my dreams. Even then, it will still never be enough to express to you how much you truly mean to me. Ricky, I could never picture spending my life with anyone else. I promise I will protect, love, and cherish you, to death do us part... And in the afterlife, because let's be honest, we're going to come back from the dead." He ended on a joke, making the teary eyed audience laugh.

Ricky smiled and bowed his head for a moment. He sniffled as he was handed the mic. He glanced back at me for a little support and I flashed him a reassuring smile.

"Well, how am I supposed to follow that up?" He nervously laughed, "That's a perfect example of how you steal my breath away with all that you do. I will always be in awe by your talent, your charm, and your unconditional love for me. Never in my life have I felt as happy as I do when I'm with you. We met, in the dirt. That's the best way I can put it. You were living in a van and asked me to move across the country to come live in that van with you. In hindsight that probably wasn't the smartest decision considering some stranger asked me to come like in a freaking van with them," Ricky giggled, "But some of my best memories come from those late nights when we'd be broken down in a random town. It took us ten years to find success, but we did it.

You took me from a bad life and saved me. Then I managed to fall back into that Hell, and you saved me again. I don't need a guardian angel in Heaven, because I have one on earth. I love you with every fiber of my being and I don't know what I would do without you. I look to my future and all I see is you. We've terrorized so many together, and we're going to terrorize many, many more."

"You may now kiss the groom." The officiant said as she took the mic back.

Chris stepped closer to Ricky and wrapped his arm around his back. They shared a pure, sweet kiss. When it lasted a little too long, Kuza whistled at them. Chris turned around and licked up the side of his face. Kuza jumped back and tried to wipe the spit off of him as the church erupted in laughter. Yeah, we definitely are not "normal", but fuck normal. This is much better.