Making a Move

After what seemed like ages Conner and Alexia were finally allowed to see Skyler.

They entered the room and saw Bruce, Steve, Peter, Annette, and Charles surrounding a silver table with a glass dome over it.

On it, or inside of it, was Skyler.

Charles turned towards them and beckoned them to come closer.

"What's wrong with her?"
Alexia asked.

Bruce ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
"When Lucas shot her, her suit was on and functioning, when Skyler uses the suit it takes in sound and stores it inside the suit so she can manipulate it however she wants."

"What does that have to do with anything?"
Conner asked in annoyance.
He knew how the suit worked, Skyler had told him everything about it.

"The energy from Lucas' gun stays the same, whether he's draining someone's powers or killing someone. The blast should have killed Skyler, but..."

"Since she had her suit on and was using it, instead of kill her it caused-"
Peter was about to finish explaining when Alexia suddenly cried out in shock.

They all saw it, Skyler seemed to glitch out of, and then back into view.

"What was that?"
Conner demanded.

"The engery from the gun caused the soundwaves in Skyler's suit to merge with her body."
Bruce glanced at Skyler.
"She is a physical and visual form of sound."

Conner's jaw dropped.
"How is that even possible?"

"We don't know."
Peter answered.
"But she's going to live right?"
Alexia asked.
"As long as she stays in there she will."

Peter crossed his arms and looked down at his friend.

"Until she wakes up, and we can find a way to make sure that she remains stable, she'll be fine."

Everyone stood in silence.
A few minutes later Thor, Loki, and Iris joined them.

"Steve, we have news."
Thor said grimly.
"Good or bad?"
Steve turned to face him.

"Bad; Jane betrayed us. She has joined Lucas, killed Lyra, and has severly injured Cameron."

Steve closed his eyes and sighed.
He couldn't take any more bad news.

"Wait a minute."
Annette looked up.
"Did you say that Jane joined Lucas?"
Thor looked at her in confusion.
"Yes."

Annette turned to Charles, she could tell that he was thinking the same thing.

"What?"
Conner asked.

Charles turned and faced everyone in the room.
"I may not be able to find Lucas, but I can find Jane."

"Do you think that she'll lead us to Lucas?"
Iris asked.
"What other options do we have?"
Steve turned to Charles who nodded.

"I will go at once."
Charles left with Annette and Steve following close behind.

Thor walked over to Bruce who began explaining Skyler's condition.

Conner's eyes remained focused on Skyler.

I swear Sky, Lucas will pay for this.

"Conner, do you want to go with them?"
Alexia asked.
Conner shook his head.
"I'm staying with Sky."

Alexia nodded.
"Okay, I'm going to see what they find. I'll be back later."

Conner didn't say anything as Alexia walked towards the door, she looked at Conner one more time and left.

»»»

"I can't do this Anthony."
Del walked away from him and her arms crossed.
"It's impossible without Bruce, or
Sky, or-"

Del stopped herself and looked down at her feet and fought back tears.

"You have to Del. This is our only way of fighting back against Lucas."
Anthony wasn't going to try and be soft.
He knew that Del was still grieving for Tony but she had to move on.

Anthony knew that in these kinds of situations you had to push all of your emotions and feelings aside.

It was the only way to get the job done.
Anthony grabbed Del's shoulder and spun her around.

"Listen to me Del. Your father knew what he was doing when he died. He knew that he would be leaving you behind, but he wouldn't have done it if he hadn't been positive that you would be strong enough to move on."

"You are strong Del, and brave. I'm saying that you need to forget Tony but you have to let him go. If you keep thinking about him and blaming yourself for what happened you'll be no help to anyone."

"You're an Avenger Del. Your job is to be strong and keep moving forward, even if you lose someone you love. You will avenge Tony Del, but you can't do that if you keep crying all
day."

Anthony let her go and waited for an answer.
Del looked down at her feet, she made no reply.

Anthony sighed in frustration.
"Fine. If this is what you to do then do it. We can handle Lucas just fine without you."

Anthony stormed off leaving Del alone.
He hated being cold and hard like this, but she needed to realize that it was time for her to move on.

Just like he'd had to.

»»»

"What's our next move Lucas?"
Jane asked.
"My next move, is to remove my biggest threat."

Jane waited for him to continue.
"I need you to take care of a certain mutant who has the potential to get rid of me for good."

"Who?"
Jane asked, eager to begin her next mission.
"Annette. Kill her and anyone else who gets in your way."

Jane nodded and left.

And while you're taking care of business, I have to see about expanding my army.

Lucas smiled, gloating over the fact that he was always one step ahead of his opponents.

One traitor may have been devasting for them, but imagine the looks on their faces when they realize that there are two.

»»»

Guess what people?

I'm feeling nice today so I decided to update twice today! So expect another chapter later on today!

And I just realized earlier that I had written that Elizabeth went to the X-Mansion but in the last chapterbshe was still at the Avengers Building.

Sorry about that, it was late and I completely forgot what I had written in the last chapter.

But anywho, she is where she is and that will be a good thing, especially when they find out that there is another traitor....

Who do you think it is?
I'd love to hear your guesses!