Chapter 23

"You look so pretty!" Gemma gasped as I walked out of the bathroom. I looked down at my simple off white dress that went just above the knee and was very... flowy. 

"Thanks." I smiled turning to look in the mirror one last time. "I'm nervous... I've never been on a date." 

"Don't worry it'll be fine. It's just Niall and you know him, he'll probably just be a little more... flirty." Gemma winked sitting on the bed.

"Abby!" Lux squealed running into the room. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the boys room where Louis was fixing Niall's collar, his back turned to me.

"Alright you look great man." Louis grinned patting Niall's shoulders. "And my, my, my Abigail you do too." Louis raised his eyebrows as Niall turned around.

"Thanks, without Lou and Gemma I'd probably be standing here in jeans and a nice blouse." I giggled as Lux let go of my hand. 

"Alright you two get going. Don't be gone to long, okay? No funny buisness Niall. Hands to yourself, you to Abigail. Also we have a concert tomorrow night so not too late and keep you hands to yourself and-"

"Lou you're repeating yourself, shut up and let them go." Harry chuckled throwing an arm around Louis. Louis sighed pushing the both of us out the door as Harry closed it.

"Alright now I know you don't want to be in that dress." Niall laughed as we got in the elevator.

"It's not my prefered choice of clothing but it's alright... it's growing on me." I smiled slightly playing with the hem of it.

"It looks good on you- I mean you look good in it, blah, you look beautiful." He sputtered out his face turning redder than ever.

"Thanks, you look really nice too." I smiled patting his blue dress shirt. "So where are we going?"

"Well, I'm not really sure. All the boys were pumped that I was finally going on a date and they just gave me this address." He pulled out a little note his eyebrows crinkled together. "This is the first date I've been on since we started XFactor." He smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, this is the first date I've ever been on." I shrugged shyly as we made our way out of the hotel. 

"Now I have to make this the perfect first date!" Niall laughed looking over at me. I laughed along with him. He had the type of laugh that made it impossible for you not to laugh when hear it. It was adorable, I loved it. 

"Mr.Horan?" A man came up to us. Niall nodded waiting for the man to continue but instead he just pointed to a horse drawn carriage. 

Niall got in first helping me up after him. I sat next to him as they guy started going. "It's really nice out here. I've never been to the states." I admitted as we went past all the different buildings at a nice pace.

"It's great out here, the boys and I love it. I get homesick though a lot."

"I guess I don't really have to worry about that part." I laughed half heartedly.

"What do you mean?" Niall questioned and I turned to look at him.

"I can't really get homesick if I've got no home." Niall opened his mouth to say something but then quickly closed it. I sighed sinking back in the seat a little bit.

"Well, you do have a home, you live with me." Niall spoke up.

"Yeah but it's not a real home... I've never had one of those. You know the kind where you can wake up in the morning and go downstairs to see mum making pancakes and dad reading the paper, and you have your own room where you can decorate it and yell at your mum for coming in without knocking." I smiled widely. "And you could come home from school with your friend and go straight into the kitchen where your mum had the after school snacks ready. You know, a place where you can be happy without having to worry about being a burden."

"You're not a burden Abigail." Niall chuckled grabbing my hand. "But I know what you mean."

"Alright sir and lady we are here." The carriage stopped and I turned around to see a fountain that was lit up, a single table in front of it. Niall helped me out as we walked over to the table, both very confused.

"Good evening, I'll be your waiter." Zayn smirked standing before us in a tux. "Now you're both under age so some water will do yes?" Liam came out of nowhere placing two tall glasses of water on the table.

"As you can see we are no where near a restaraunt so here are some sandwiches made especially for you." Liam placed two sandwiches on the table wrapped in plastic wrap.

"Enjoy!" They both waved before running off somewhere, only god knows of!

Niall and I both just looked at each other in shock. "I was not expecting that!" Niall chuckled unwrapping his sandwich. 

"Neither was I." I giggled doing the same as him. Throught our "dinner" we mostly talked about Niall's life before One Direction since he knew of mine. It was nice hearing Niall talk about his family... he got so happy. 

"Some dessert." Zayn popped out placing a plate of chocolate covered strawberries on the table. 

"These are my favorite." I whispered looking at them. "I haven't had these in forever." 

"Here first one." Niall grabbed one holding it up to my lips. I smiled biting into it. "How is it?"

"Delicious." I hummed licking the corners of my mouth. Within ten minutes they were completely gone both of leaned back in our chairs. Niall stood up walking over to me and grabbing my hand. I looked at him confused before he led me over to the ledge of the fountain sitting and patting the seat beside him.

"This place looks so beautiful at night." I mumbled looking over my shoulder at the lit up fountain. 

"Yeah it does, and it's quiet. Not many places around here are like that." He sighed looking over at me. I felt my heart beat faster and this weird feeling in my stomach... almost like butterflies, something I've never gotten with a boy before. 

"Can I kiss you?" He asked nervously a small smile tugging at his lips. I nodded as he leaned in, and just as I thought our lips would meet i was engulfed in water.

"Niall Horan!" I gasped coming up and looking at the completely dry boy as he laughed uncontrolably. I swam over to him, pulling his arm down causing him to fall into the fountain. 

"Hey!" Niall shouted before returning to his bubbling laugh. The fountain was shallow as I sat there completely soaked in front of him. "Okay, now may I kiss you?" He smirked.

I nodded as he leaned in, our lips touching in a gentle kiss, a nice kiss. One I hadn't ever experienced before. "Thank you for tonight." 

"No problem, it was fun. I hope we can do this again." He smiled standing up and holding out his hand. I grinned taking it as he helped me up and out of the fountain. 

~

"Why are you all wet?" Louis asked as soon as he opened the door. 

"Niall here pushed me into the fountain." I rolled my eyes poking his stomach. 

"Louis shut the door." Niall mumbled tilting his head to the side.

"Ohhh, I ruined, oh okay I get it." He winked closing the door.

"Thanks again for tonight, it was fun." I smiled looking up at him.

"It was, let's do it again yeah? Night Abigail." He leaned down giving me a peck on the lips leaving my heart thumping.

"Night Ni." I waved as I turned around walking toward the door.

As soon as I walked in I was bombarded with questions. "So did he kiss you?" "Where did you go?" "Anything big happen?" "Why are you wet?"

"Shhh, it was wonderful. And yes, we kissed."

I smiled pushing past the two eager girls and walking over to my bed. I reached over and pulled out a dry pair of pajamas before quickly slipping into them. "I'll tell you guys everything in the morning promise."  I winked as I slipped into the covers.