Chapter 28

"Mum?"

I saw it in her eyes, she knew it was me.

"What's she talking about?" The man asked walking over to the two of us. I looked over at him briefly before looking back at my mom.

"I have no idea, she must be mental." She laughed looking at me. She knew it was me I could tell. "You go get the car while I kick this whores arse for touching my man."

"Can't I watch?" He smirked, looking between the both of us.

"No, go get the car." He sighed but did what she told him. I watched as he walked away and around the corner.

"Mum, it's me Abigail." I whispered, almost to tears.

"I know it is." She smiled pulling me into a warm hug. I had been dreaming of a hug from her for years. "Why are you here?"

"It's a long story. Really long actually. Mum, I'm so glad you're here. You wouldn't believe what's happened." Now I was crying. This was it. She was going to take me back with her and her husband. Sure it'd be a little awkward because I sucked him off but we'll move past that. I briefed her on it, from what Uncle Stan had me doing to Niall and how i got to Miami. "But now you're here!" I pulled her into yet another hug.

"I can't believe that. You're clean now, ya?" She asked looking me over.

"Sort of, it's been tough but I'm doing it. But now that you're here you can help me. We can be a family again. i know i can leave all of that if you're there to help me." I gave her a big grin but her face didn't change.

"Abby." She sighed, her eyes glassy. "I can't take you. I've got a new life now. i'm married and I've got two kids. I have a good job and a nice house. I can't have a reminder of what my life used to be." She looked away from me stepping back a few places.

"What? I'm your bloody daughter! i'm yours! How could you leave me to keep living like this!?" I screamed at her as I felt my heart break in my chest. "You're supposed to take care of me! I'm yours for fucksake!"

"Abigail please. i know you don't und-"

"Of course I don't understand. For a second time you're leaving me in hell. Mum, I was 13 when I first had sex with a man I didn't know." I cried looking at her face as it fell. "Mummy, please help me."

"I'm sorry baby. I love you, I do. But I can't. I hope one day you'll understand." I saw a tear slip out of her eye as car lights came around the corner. She reached into her purse and pulled out a wad of cash sticking it into my pocket. "I'm sorry Abby. I hope it gets better, I really do."

"Mum please! Don't leave me again." I begged, grabbing onto her arm as she tried to shake me off. "Mum please, I can't do it! I can't do it alone! Mum I miss you!" I sobbed as she wriggled out of my grasp. The car was almost to the front of the alleyway. "Mum please take me!"

"I don't bloody want you!" She screamed pushing me to the ground. I sat there, my elbows all scraped up, my head forehead bleeding as I hit it on the side of a dumpster. I watched as she turned around and ran to the truck, hopping in and driving away.

She doesn't want me. Nobody does.

~

I sat there for what felt like hours, sobbing and crying as blood ran down my face. By the time I stood up it was well past 3 am because the sky was starting to get light again. I found my way back to the dealer and gave him everything I made getting me two little bags of pure white loveliness. I had him light me up and stayed at his place until I was completely done. I was hoping he'd let me crash there but as soon as I was finished he kicked my high ass out.