Her: Chapter 20

^^Pic of Lorena^^

Aisha's POV:

  I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for work, waking up or everything else that was about to happen today. None of it.

It's been about a week and after much determination (and a ton of emails), I finally got to go back to work. To be honest, being on a paid leave was a lot less hectic.

I wore my typical outfit. A pair of black pants and white blouse. I looked around and saw my necklace Hachim gave me. I put it on and made my way down the steps for breakfast.

I sat down and saw Farhana.

The whole day I was running around with papers and files like a madwoman. Erik was still here which was nice. I mean he was a nice guy to talk to.

"So you think it was her?", Erik asked his sleeve rolled up all the way, ready for his shot.

"No Erik, I'm sure it was her", I gave him a slight prick on the arm and he flinched a little.

"Sorry, my nurse usually does this but she's not here... It won't hurt long", I reassured.

"Yeah it's fine, but if you are sure that it was Lorena who called then why haven't you talked to Hachim?"

"I did and he seemed a little... one sided if you know what I mean", I said carefully placing the bandage and trying to keep up with the conversation at the same time.

"Yeah, well if he really does know then I think it wouldn't matter, but watch out for her, something seems a little off about Lorena", he stood up and made his way toward the door.

"You're right Erik, as always", I sighed.

"Just don't worry it'll all be fine in the end", he gave me a quick hug and left. He was helpful when it came to advise and lately I've been needing it.

I honestly didn't know why but I had a sick feeling that something wasn't right. Someone. I still couldn't get my feelings across not for Hachim but for everything.

"Ms Mansoor!", I turned around around to see one of the nurses calling after me.

"Yes what can I do for you", I asked a little confused.

"Ms Mansoor I put Erik's file on your table and you also got a letter", I looked at her a little surprised. I didn't get letters usually.

I took the letter and left without opening it.

That's when I got a call from Mastour. He always called me after work which was not abnormal.

"Hey Aisha!"

"Hey what's up?", I said holding the phone to my ears.

"Can you please pick up my cleats?", he asked desperately.

"Why? You can't even run yet!", I chuckled playfully.

"I got them custom made plus I need to practice right? Please!", he begged like a little puppy dog.

"Okay okay fine I'll stop by", I said chuckling.