Meeting The Family: Chapter 15

Aisha's POV:

"Uhhhhh", I groaned throwing my shoes across the floor. I just came back from the best job ever but it can get tiring at times.

"How was work?", Farhana asked a big smirk on her face signaling she was teasing me again.

"It was good", I collapsed on the couch leaving my hair all over the place. I looked up only to see Farhana laughing at my silliness.

"Great because your going to dinner", she smiled like an evil cat.

"Dinner?!", the thought finally hit me. I had almost forgotten about Hachim inviting me to dinner at his parents house.

"Oh my goodness!! What am I going to do now?! I need to dress, take a shower, and not to mention... wait it's only 1:30, okay I have time", I said still pacing around the room.

"Well you have fun with that. Since I'm off from work today, I was digging in your closet and found the perfect outfit".

"Really!!! Wait why were you digging in my closet?"

"I put it on top of your bed. Your welcome", sometimes I had no idea what I would do without Farhana. She was my bestie, my organizer and my personal designer all in one.

"Thank you! Oh and did I ever tell you that you're the best!", I said making my way up the stairs to look at the outfit.

"Yeah yeah, I know", she answered confidently.

I took a look and tried on the outfit. She chose a long black Moroccan styled dress, not too fancy but not too casual.

"I love it!", I exclaimed. I had to look mannered and behave professionally. They looked like the type. I have never actually met his parents or sister, but I saw them many times in pictures and on TV.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Hachim's POV:

I tried to be calm but inside I was freaking out. I was terrified of how this night would go. I was definitely scared of my mother the most. This is going to be so embarrassing!

"Hachim what do you think we should make for dinner?", my mom said poking her head out of my room door.

"I don't know mom whatever you want", I answered my voice sounding unusually stressed.

"My baby, relax. It will be okay", she sat down next to me trying to calm me down.

"Yes, but I'm scared of you!"

"I promise I won't do anything to make you embarrassed. Okay?"

Sometimes it was like she knows what's going on in my head all the time. If only Aisha was that way.

"Okay mama", I sat up and decided to send her a text about the time.

"Mom what time should she come?", I asked.

"Oh it doesn't matter", she replied. The typical Moroccan timing.

"Yeah it does mom, she's American remember?",I answered hoping for a more straightforward response.

"Oh yes, 6:30 then", she stood up and went downstairs to make dinner as I continued to ponder what would happen tonight. I guess I just need to wait and see.