Chapter 40

I was honestly speechless to find out that Dylan would be at school with me for about a week or so.

I knew he wouldn't be in any of my classes anyway, he's a senior.

--
I decided to wear a band t-shirt to school because why not, right?
I put on my Good Charlotte t-shirt and put a flannel over it. And obviously wore the pair of jeans that I wear day after day after day.

Ash🙃: You want a lift to school? x
-
you seriously couldn't walk to my front door to ask me that? x
-
Ash🙃: lazy me, be over in 5 x
-

"GEMMAAAA! ASHTON'S HERE!" My mother screeched.

I jogged down the stairs with my backpack and immediately jumped into a hug with Ashton.
"We haven't hung out in ages." I mumbled against his chest and I could hear, and feel, him laugh slightly.
"Yeah, we gotta change that. You ready?"
"Yeah."

I said bye to my parents and we got in to Ashton's car.
"So, what's new?" Ashton asked, reversing out of the driveway.
"I got a boyfriend."
"Wow, I leave you for a few days and you're in a relationship." He laughed.
"Yeah, so anything new with you?"
"Nope, same old ash."

--

When we got to school I walked Ashton to his locker to put away his afternoon books and then he came with me to mine to do the same.

I was standing against my locker talking to Ashton when I saw Dylan and Luke walking down the corridor, I tensed when I saw Luke walking towards us but relaxed when I realised he was probably just showing Dylan where I was.

"Hey Dylan." I smiled and waved at him.
And he blanked me.

Then I heard a loud crash. Luke had pushed him in to the lockers.
"Hi Gemma!" He called back and they left.

"Who's that tube?" Ashton asked.
"My boyfriend."
"Oh, h-he seems like.. a great guy."
"I don't know what that was." I replied, referring to the previous incident.

--

It came to lunch time and other than saying hello this morning, Dylan and I hadn't spoken.

I was switching my morning books with my afternoon ones from my locker when someone tapped my shoulder.
I turned to see Dylan although out of the corner of my eye I could see Luke standing observing a few feet away.
"Dylan! Hi." I smiled and hugged him.
"How's your first day going?"
"Yeah yeah it's great whatever.. Um, what are you wearing?" He laughed slightly causing me to look myself up and down.

"What's wrong with it?"
"The flannel is okay, but what's with the band tee?" He sniggered.
"I like Good Charlotte so I wore their t-shirt, is that a problem?"
"Yeah, it looks tacky."
"I like it."
"Go take it off."
"Excuse me?" I scoffed.
"Go in to the bathroom, take the shirt off, and button up the flannel." He spoke slowly.