Chapter 31

I thought about what Michael said for a while, and he was right.

I know I shouldn't put up with threats but I have for so long and I can't stop now, it's really for my own safety.

I didn't see Luke for the rest of the day and by now, I was walking towards Ashton who was standing at the gate when my wrist was grabbed and I was stopped I my tracks.

I turned to see Luke, I quickly turned to see if Ashton had noticed (thankfully not) before facing the tall tattooed boy again.
"Luuuke," I groaned,
"please just let me have this!"

"Relax, Gemma. You can walk home."
I sighed in relief,
"But I'm coming too." He stated before walking over to where Ashton was.

--
It took a bit of convincing, but I finally got Ashton to agree to let Luke walk, after all, I've been on Luke's bad side a lot and saying no to him really doesn't make it any better.

The entire walk home consisted of Ashton and I catching up more and laughing and messing around while Luke followed about six feet behind.

I walked Ashton right up to his front door before entering my house with Luke.
"You never said how long it actually takes to walk here." He groaned.
"You never asked." I smiled.

It seemed to me like as soon as Luke entered my house, he wasn't his usual self..

"I'm never walking here again." He laughed.
"I wasn't gonna ask you to anyway." I laughed.
"Shut up, you would be honoured."
"Don't flatter yourself." I replied and I could see the corner of his lip curl up into a slight smile.

I like the nicer Luke, he's so much fun to be around and I don't have to fear him when he's in a mood like this.

"Let's just start the project." He laughed slightly.
We were working on the project for what felt like no more than twenty minutes, when in reality, it was an hour and a half.
I guess the time flew because we were messing around with each other most of the time.

But we managed to finish the project.
The project that wasn't due for ages.

We were sat side by side on the sofa.
"Well.. It's done.." I trailed off.
"Yup." He replied bluntly, popping the 'p'.
"You know, I was petrified when I got partnered with you."
"I could tell." He laughed.
"But.. You weren't actually that bad to work with."
"Right back at you." He smiled.

We just sat there for a while..
Staring at one another and smiling..
But it didn't feel weird, it didn't feel awkward.
It almost felt normal. Well, as normal as staring at someone can be.

His eyes were a softer shade of blue than the last time I had looked directly into them.
We were sitting incredibly close, and if it wasn't the nicer Luke- I would've been terrified.

"What is it with you?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"What do you mean?"
"Sometimes you're mean and rude and hurt me and I just want to run and hide from you for the rest of my life.. But then you can be nice and fun and make me want to be in your company." I sighed.
"I dunno.. I jus- I can't even explain it, it just happens." He laughed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What about Calum and Michael?"
"What about them?"
"What side of you do they see?"
"Mostly the nice side, sometimes the mean side." He shrugged.

"Have you any other sides?" I asked jokingly, not expecting an answer.
"Yeah I do." He mumbled, keeping eye contact with me.
"Really?"
"Yeah," He began, leaning closer,
"I have a softer side," He almost whispered.

Before I had any time to react, he connect our lips, his hands moving up to cup my cheeks as mine went behind the back of his head; like it was an instinct.

I didn't pull back.
Neither did he.

It didn't feel weird or strange, it was comforting and familiar, and it went on for a while.

He broke the kiss but we were still incredibly close together as he spoke,
"Gemma, I need to tell you something."
I took a risk by pecking his lips again before responding,
"What?"
"I-I'm Lucas."

I didn't freak out, I didn't scream, I didn't yell..
I smiled, a light laugh even, and I reconnected our lips.

I didn't care about the past. When we were making out, all that mattered was that it stayed like this for as long as possible because his reputation doesn't matter to me right now.
And I don't want anything to change, I want time to freeze right now, I want everything to stay the way it is. Because it's the nice Luke and it's perfect.

------
IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU COMMENT ON THE NEXT UPDATE