Chapter 32

Luke eventually broke the kiss, he didn't say anything though.
He stood up and walked out the front door.
He just got up and left.

I didn't think I liked Luke at all, and I was convinced that I felt otherwise when we kissed.
It didn't feel like it did when I thought he was Lucas, which didn't make sense at all, it's like since I knew it was Luke- my stomach began doing front-flips.

It's pretty safe to say that confused is an understatement.

He leaned in and kissed me.
Then he got up and left.

------
I wasn't looking forward to school and I certainly wasn't going to tell Kate.

I arrived at school earlier than I usually do and decided to hand our politics assignment in early to get it out of the way before heading off to find Kate, on the way I saw Luke and flashed him a smile.. Which he ignored.

I eventually found Kate in the canteen and sat down across from her.
"Hey, you didn't reply to my text last night." She stated casually.

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I kissed the guy that's been bullying me for years and found out I've kissed him before, think I might like him and I just got confused as fuck and threw my phone in a depressed tantrum.

"Sorry, my mum took my phone." I lied.
"Oh, well my dad's leaving town this weekend and Justin's having a party with his senior friends and he's making me stay in my room and study for my History final, wanna come help?"
"Sure." I smiled.

I was honestly happy to just spend a weekend with Kate, even if it was just to help her study.

------
It came to lunch and the day just dragged by, it physically could not go any slower.
I had Math after lunch and headed to my locker to put my books away when I saw Luke at his.

"Hey," I began, now standing beside him,
"Can we talk?"

"Nope." He replied, slamming his locker door closed and walking off.
"Luke!" I began following him.
"Fuck off, Gemma."

"We need to talk about this!" I shouted and he stopped in his tracks and turned to face me.
"You want to talk? Alright. Let's talk."
"Really? Okay I-"
"No." He interrupted
"No?"
"I'm gonna talk," he began,
"It was a kiss-cam kiss and they never mean anything and I deepened it and I wasn't thinking, I felt bad for not telling you so I told you and I don't know why I kissed you again. But one thing I do know is that it won't be happening again, I don't feel that way about you, Gemma and I really could not care less if you feel that way or not because this whole thing was a mistake. A stupid mistake that will never happen again and the project is done so you can just stay out of my life now, yeah? You wanted to talk, Gemma? Is this enough talking for you?"