Chapter 36

I finished cleaning the garden before entering the house to find Justin, and the 'mates' he had invited over, still tidying up.

It was him, Luke, Dylan and two other guys I had seen around in school but never actually talked to before.

I decided to help Dylan tidy the conservatory since it was one of the messiest parts of the house and he was doing it alone.

"Hey, nice jacket." Dylan smirked.
"Thanks, this guy gave me it and then left me. What a dick." I joked.
"He should make it up to you."
"Yeah, he should."
"He should take you out."
"Yeah, he should." I smiled.
"He should take you out to eat, then he should go on a walk with you."
I didn't reply, I just smiled at him.
"And it should be a date."
I nodded.

"So.. Is that a yes?"
"What?"
"Will you come on a date with me, Gemma?"
I couldn't understand why a senior would ask me out, but he's only here for a week or two anyway..
"Y-yeah, I will."

Someone standing in the doorway cleared their throat, drawing Dylan and I's attention off of each other and on them.

"Luke! Hey man, how's it going?" Dylan spoke up, as if he hadn't seen him all day.
"Great. Just peachy." Luke replied, forcing a clearly fake smile, "Gemma, can I have a word with you?"
"Uh.. m-me?"
"Are there any other Gemma's in here?" He asked sarcastically.

He let out an annoyed sigh and left and I followed.
"You can't go out with Dylan."
"Excuse me?"

Ever since Luke had caught me sitting outside with Dylan, he'd been so much more irritating.

"He's not right for you. You deserve better."
"What does it matter to you?"
"He's mean and rude and abusive."
"And you're not?" I scoffed.

"Okay yes, I've been awful to you and then nice and then awful again but you have to trust me this time, as soon as you say yes then your freedom will go down the drain."
I laughed.
"Yeah, okay Luke. Sure."
"Gemma, I'm serious! You'll regret it."
"Yes, I'll regret going on a date with a nice and attractive guy. Can't you just let me be happy?"
I snapped and began walking away.

"Gemma, that's exactly what I'm trying to do!"
He called after me.

Every now and again Luke has become slightly more involved in my life and I don't know why but I wasn't liking it at all, sometimes I actually did have the guts to let him know that.. And then there's a lot of times where I just cower out and let him do whatever the hell he wants.
But this was one of those times where I refused to let him have a say in what I do in life. I was going out with Dylan whether he liked it or not.

a/n - yes this is short and it sucks and I'm sorry.
But a few days ago I finished a fanfic I was reading so I was looking on the recommended part and I saw this Luke fic with the same cover as mine and the same name and it had 1K+ reads and I almost died like 'oh no they'll think I copied them because theirs is more popular' then I discovered it actually was my one!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS
This is a small amount to some but it's massive to me, my other fanfic didn't reach 1K until like 6 months!