Chapter 25

When it came to Sunday, I was incredibly thankful that I could wash out the hair dye. I've embarrassed myself too much with a different appearance.

Lucas stopped texting me back after yesterday.
I explained it to Kate, without letting on about Luke bullying me, but she couldn't understand why he wouldn't reply, I've asked him what I've done wrong but, surprise surprise, he hasn't replied.

Once again, I didn't do anything on Sunday. I don't do anything on my Sunday's period.

I slept basically.

--
My parents left for the week to visit my uncle who's fighting for custody of his fifteen year old son.

Kate wasn't going into school today because she didn't feel well, so I was walking to school.

Since I was back to my brunette self, I could go back to my jeans and hoodie as well.

I walked into school and my first few classes were quiet. It came to break, there was a meeting for anyone who wanted to go on the junior ski trip. So that was almost the entire junior year, meaning that the north hallway was empty.

I put my books in my locker, then I heard footsteps coming down the hall.
I began to quicken my pace out of the hallway.
"Gemma!"
I stopped.
"Can you come back over here?"
I immediately obeyed. I came back over to where my locker was.

"Haven't seen you here in a while." He smirked.
"just my luck.." I mumbled.
"what was that?"
"nothing, just fuck off." I mumbled again.
"What? I just want to tell you something." He stated, taking ahold of my wrist to stop my walking away, seeming slightly aggravated.

I pushed him for once in my life.
"Luke! I told you to fuck off! Can't you do me this one favour and leave?! All my life, all my fucking life, as far back as I can remember I've been living in fear of you! And I'm done! You're not a likeable person, do you know why? BECAUSE YOURE A FUCKING ASSHOLE! You think you have someone who cares about you but you don't! They're only with you because they're afraid of you! Everyone is afraid of you and of all the people you pick me! I am done living under your shadow, you don't rule the fucking school. I missed an opportunity with a guy I think I might bloody well like on saturday because I saw you and got scared. You screw up my life! I'm done. Okay, Luke? I AM DONE WITH YOU. JUST FUCK OFF!"

I completely regretted it all as soon as I said it, I wasn't thinking and I knew I should've kept my mouth shut but I just couldn't stop talking..

"The guy you were meeting in Costa? You think you like him?"
"What do you care." I basically stated.
With that being said, I walked away from him without giving him a chance to respond.

I should've looked at my timetable before I broke out like that, because I had Politics.
Luke was in my Politics class.

--
The whole class was sitting down while the teacher was calling the register. I sit at a table of four,
Courtney, some guy called Nathan who I never talk to, and Luke.
Luke wasn't here yet.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr Hemmings."
The teacher said as he walked in late, at least he walked in for once, Luke hasn't shown up to this class in about a month, it's basically pointless anyway.

"You're starting a group project today."
of course we are

"You have to be in pairs."
of course we do

"I will be picking your pairs."
of course you will

I was paired with Luke.
how predictable