Chapter 21 : It's a little too late

Liv's pov:

I was sitting on the couch, watching Pretty Little Liars. Do you know that Ezra only date Aria because he wanted to make a book about Alison ? Like, what the fuck?! I knew that he was hiding something. I mean, any dude that hot and that perfect has to be hiding something. Poor Aria.

I was running out of popcorn, so I decided to make another one. Then, I heard a knock at the door. It was Lucas.

"Hey Lucas? Are you okay?"  I asked him

"Where's Maya? I need to talk to her?"  A tear streams down his cheeks

"She's in the park. She says that she needed to clear her head and take a walk. Are you okay, Lucas?"

"I messed up. Real bad" His voice cracked at the end and he limply walk away

Lucas's pov:

I quickly headed to the park. Good thing that there was no one in here because that would be really embarrassing if anyone see me cry.

I was at the park looking for Maya. God, I really messed up! Why didn't I believe her! I'm so fucking stupid!

I saw Maya sitting at a wooden bench. She was staring at the ground. I could see it in her eyes that she's hurt. God, I'm such an asshole. She was putting her head on her hands. God, I hope that she's not crying. I really hate if when she cries. Especially when it's because of me.

"Hey Maya" I said and sat down next to her

"Hey" She faked a smile

And we're just there sitting in silence. God, I wanted to kiss her and tell her that everything's gonna be alright. I wanted to hold her and never let her go.

"Maya, I-"

"Lucas, I know. You found out the truth and now you came to tell me that you still love me" She paused. "But our story is over. Now we have no hope of getting back together, but don't worry. Lucas, I've made my decision to forget about you forever just like you say" She said, cutting me off.

"So this is it? It's really over? You've given up so easily. Wow, I thought you loved me more than this" I said softly

"I love you enough to let you go, Lucas. To let you be happy with someone else" She said softly

"But what if that's not what I want?" I say

"But that's what I want. If you love me, let me go. Let me be happy with someone else" I see tears forming in her eyes.

"I love you, and you love me. Why do you have to make it so complicated?" I asked her

"Because after what happened, It shows how little you trust me. And I can't be with someone who don't even trust me" She said with a crack in her voice.

"I'm sorry" A tear streams down my face. "I never meant to hurt you. I really love you"

"And I love you" She say

"So it's really over?" I paused "Please tell me it's not"

"I'm sorry Lucas" She whisper and quickly walks away.

I lost her.