Chapter 21 - Ryder POV

I was trying to concentrate on what Dylan, the alpha of the biggest American pack, was saying to me but my mind was on Lottie. It'd been twenty minutes since Reynolds had contacted me saying that she wanted to go for a walk on her own. I had allowed it on the top two levels because I knew that she was overwhelmed with everything that was going on.

Suddenly the alarm sounded and my wolf was immediately on alert. I felt the fur bristle on his back as he suddenly prepared himself for the worse. I tried to tap into him to sense what was wrong but he was on edge already and I couldn't get anything from him except an intense amount of pain.

The alpha's and there beta's all around me stood to attention at the sharp noise as well, they're eyes glazed over as they contacted their fighters that were outside already. The rebels were senseless if they decided to attack now. We were at an advantage with the strongest pack wolves from across the world, but I didn't want to ruin what we had.

"Ryder," Tyson, one of my guards, whispered from behind me.

I unintentionally snapped at him and he immediately exposed his neck to me. "What?" I growled at him, not ready to rein my wolf in if he was already reacting timidly. "If there are rebels attacking hurry up and tell me now so I can go and join the fight."

Tyson lets out a few tense breathes before he flicks his eyes up to me. "Lottie's missing."

Two simple words and I snapped. My wolf snapped. Clothes shredded and within a second I was running on all fours up to Lottie and I's bedroom suite leaving a trail of growls behind me. I didn't care that I was knocking people out of the way. I didn't care for my mother trying to halt my war path to the bedroom as I easily swerved around her. I was going to kill whoever was responsible for her being gone.

When my paws landed in the suite my eyes instantly moved around the room as I panted heavily, hoping to see her lounged back on the soft cushions of the lounge. She wasn't. All I could see were her guards and my most trusted friends standing there tensely waiting for my reaction.

My wolf had control but I knew I had to shift back. If I wanted to know what happened to my mate it wasn't going to help if my wolf was breaking things out of anger. There were more guards in the room than Lottie's normal ones and when I shift back one of them quickly hands me a pair of shorts even though my nudity was the last thing on my mind.

"What the hell happened?" I question in a growl. My body is shaking violently, I knew the slightest thing could make me shift back and go wild.

It wasn't Reynolds fault. He did the right thing by contacting me and make sure that we could compromise something for Lottie's comfort. She should have been safe on these floors and I know that she wouldn't have left without having me with her.

Reynolds is beating himself up and I can tell from the way he shakes his head. He had grown to be very close to Lottie in a brotherly way, all my guards were close to her but she and Reynolds had a special connection I couldn't deny.

"She was gone for about ten minutes and I went to mind-link her to check she was okay, like you had asked and she just didn't reply." His hands come up to run over his face and I noticed the light shake his hands had similar to mine. His wolf was close to the surface as well. "It was just silent, the connection was there but she wouldn't talk back. When she didn't reply we went downstairs, we searched for ten minutes and we couldn't find her and her scent disappeared on the fourth floor."

"It disappeared?" All the lower ranked guards sunk back when I growled out the words even louder than before.

"Through the wall." His voice was venomous and I knew the exact reason why.