Chapter 12:

Groaning I try to ignore the head rush that I just received. Ryder chuckles as I fall against his bare chest, he had suddenly taken my shoulder and spun me around catching me off guard. The heat is erupting off his naked tanned chest as I make sense of what just happened.

"Always be prepared for the unexpected." He whispers forcing me to tilt my head back with his nose as he brushes it up against mine gently.

Once the smirk creeps into my face I feel the dimples indent into my cheeks and the way that his heart seems to speed up beneath my hand just by the simple action that he's caused so many times before.

"Jesus Christ, put a shirt on before she jumps you." Cole says from behind me.

When I try to pull myself back from Ryder at Cole's voice as I suddenly remember what we were supposed to be doing but his arms tighten around me stopping me from creating any distance. He growls over my shoulder before he meets his eyes with mine again he quickly presses a small kiss to my lips before I'm turned back out of the warm embrace of his arms.

Cole is watching Ryder carefully with his arms crossed over his chest. When I look between the two I'm confused with how they're eyeing each other off. The friendship that I had heard about them having seems non-existent between them now.

For me to gain the both of their attention I have to clear my throat and when I do Cole relaxes his arms dropping down to his sides as he stretches out his muscles. Ryder however just watches him as Cole moves in closer to me.

"I'm not going to be able to train her, if you don't allow me Ryder." Cole says as he gets in front of me his tall frame towering over my petite one just like Ryder's does but Cole gives off a different aurora then what my mate does.

"I'm allowing it," Ryder says tensely as he shifts closer to me. "Doesn't mean I have to like it,"

In the last twenty four hours the possessiveness that I had heard mates take has shown clearly in the actions that Ryder presents in the way that he carefully eyes the slightest of movements of the opposite sex and the tightening grips he takes on whatever body part he can take to hold me to him.

It's the opposite of taking it slow. With the way that the heat of his naked chest radiates through to me past the thin material that covers my upper body I'm back lost in the thought of how much I want and how I want him in general.

He's right. I want him. I want to be mated to him and I want to be the one to carry his pups. He's mine, it's my duty to do that for him and his country and when I think of another woman doing that for him my heart clenches in an unbearable pain. I am frightened of how it will affect me.

What would I be like as a mother? 

I had no one to look up to and learn from all I could see in my mind was doing something wrong. I had never even had an experience with children. Whenever there was a child bought into Carlett, it scared me. I couldn't explain how they had the affect over me but my chest tightened at the sight of the young girls that could possibly live the same life that I had and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Charlotte," Ryder's voice is soft. A high contrast to what it was moments ago. "Like I said before this is not something you need to worry about now."

Gulping I shift in the hold he still has on me. I'm still trying to get to grips with the mindlink but I realise that with his words that I had just let him in. He Loosens his hold on me now allowing me to step back away from him and face back towards Cole who is watching our interaction with soft features on his face.

"Are you ready?" Cole asks me now his voice matching the look he is giving me.

I feel Ryder's hand slide up beneath my shirt at my guards question towards me. His fingers are warm and send tingles up my spine as he caresses it softly, almost telling me that it's all going to be alright to start the training with Cole.