Epilogue:

I was sat in the lounge area of the suite, my legs crossed with a pillow sat on them and cuddled against my stomach. It was the third day since Reynolds had been admitted to the hospital and he was only just starting to heal. There was still no guarantee that he was going to live though.

I hadn't been feeling so great myself but at least I felt like I had finished throwing up for the day. It was nothing to what Reynolds was feeling and if I wasn't putting my pup at risk I would swap places with him in a heartbeat. I only got to spend the morning and afternoon with him now. I felt reassured every time he took a breath.

The mood in the room was different without Reynolds here. All these guys that were watching me had grown up with him and they were his best friends. They were as worried about him as I was, though they did hide it a lot better than I did.

Dropping my head onto the back of the lounge I take in a deep breath. I could feel the worried eyes of all my guards on me and I raise a hand to tell them that I'm fine. The nausea was getting worse as the days went on but if my guards knew that then so would Ryder and he would just stare at me like I'm a porcelain doll more often.

There was a quick burst of knocks at the door and I jumped at the sound. The door was opened by the guards that were posted outside the door. Yeah there were more. Ellie enters the room looking a little frazzled and flushed. She had also been put on lookdown by Maxon but still managed to help out where she could.

Cole pushes up from the couch and goes to stand beside her as mine and the others eyes rest on her in curiosity.

"Breathe Ellie." Cole says to her as he grips her arm to steady her weight, her hand resting over her still flat stomach.

Pulling a shaky breathe in she shakes her head. "He's talking. He's not awake but he's talking." She didn't have to say who she was talking about, we all knew.

I was up off the lounge and at Ellie's side before any of the guys had the chance to try and stop me. I could see the look of discontent on Cole's face as Ellie linked her arm through mine.

"You aren't supposed to be leaving the room without Ryder." Cole said before his eyes moved to Ellie. "You shouldn't be leaving the room by yourself either."

Ellie had already turned on her heel and started to leave the room with me at her side before she replied. "We're only going down one floor and I doubt you want to deal with two pregnant women."

The guards fell in behind us. I wanted to get to Reynolds as soon as I could and nothing they could do would stop me from being by his side.

Ryder was pacing outside the door to the hospital wing almost as if he was waiting for me to show up. When his eyes did land on me he seemed to relax, only a little bit but I saw it. Quickly he took my free hand and pulled me into his side.

"Stay out here." He said to them with a tense voice.

I watched my guard's jaws clench but they gave a single nod of their heads towards Ryder. Ellie tries to complain but Maxon steps out of nowhere and pulls her back telling her that only a handful of people need to be in the room.

"Are you okay?" Ryder asks as we stop outside the door, his hands coming up to cup my cheeks.

Placing my hands over the top of his I nod gently. I wasn't feeling a hundred percent but I was ok enough to go in and see Reynolds.

"He's still in a coma but he's talking." He shuffled on his feet a little, his eyes moving to the closed door. "He's talking about you."

"What?" I tried to pull away from his hands but he tightened his grip and I couldn't move.