Chapter 11: Secrets

Chapter Eleven: Secrets

Geo sat on the roof of the base, a bow and arrow in his hand. He pulled it back looking through the scope on the side. He watched a scavenger mope around in the street by itself. He released the arrow which went straight into the scavenger's leg. It screeched falling to the ground. Geo grabbed the grappling rope and climbed down. He ran over to the fence before throwing another hook up. He threw a heavy blanket up on the curly barbed wire before slowly climbing up the fence. The scavenger's teeth chattered viciously as Geo approached.

"I know I know," Geo whispered putting a gloved hand to the scavenger's saliva-filled mouth. He plugged the nose as well until the scavenger passed out from lack of oxygen. Geo dragged the man over to the fence. The spotlight moved in his direction. Geo stood the scavenger up against him. The light passed by and then went back the other way. Teeth chattering from another source made him look around. There were a few others roaming around in the darkness, their green eyes lit up in the darkness. Geo let out a slow breath and let them pass by. He grabbed the grappling rope and held the scavenger by the arm pulling him up. Geo's upper body strength was a force to be reckoned with. He tossed the scavenger onto the ground on the base side before jumping down himself.

"I'm just saying we need to be careful," a voice said. Geo looked up to see a couple of scouts walking about in the light by the door. Geo's movements became slower as he dragged the scavenger to the back of the base. A little shack that was barely staying together rested against a fence. Geo opened the door and pulled the scavenger in. He turned the light on and put covers over the windows. The scavenger started to come to making Geo work quickly to tie him to the table. Once tied down, the scavenger started to struggle.

"Let go! Me let go!"

"Can't do that mate," Geo said putting a finger in his mouth. He looked at the blue on his fingers. "It's still in me," he whispered. "What the hell is it?" Geo grabbed a syringe and a rubber band. He tightened it around his arm before putting the needle in and taking out more blue liquid.

"Me let go!" the scavenger continued. He looked afraid of Geo as he laughed and took the liquid from the syringe. He held it in an incubator and held it above the scavenger's mouth. His mouth remained tightly shut, fear in his eyes. Geo grabbed his cheeks.

"Open," Geo commanded. His mouth remained shut. Geo hit him hard in the chest. "Open your disease ridden mouth!" Geo screamed. The scavenger refused. "I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this," he said. He took the incubator and put the blood in his mouth. He put his thumbs on the scavenger's temples. They started to burn. He finally opened his mouth to scream in agony when Geo spit in his mouth.

"Don't you spit that out!" Geo ordered, putting his hands on the scavenger's mouth. He looked around and grabbed a roll of tape from the table and covered the mouth. He tried to make muffled shouts. The scavenger would have to swallow sooner or later. Geo wiped his forehead. He stared at the cysts on the scavenger. They slowly started receding into the skin.

"That's a step down. But now I need to figure out what this is about," Geo said turning off the light. He walked out of the shack and locked the door. Drexel stared at him disapprovingly. "What?" Geo questioned as Drexel crossed his arms.

"What's going on in there? I heard a lot of screaming."

"Don't worry about it. Why are you snooping around back here?"

"Don't turn this on me, what's going on. What are you doing that's so secretive you can't tell anyone?"

Geo pointed to Drexel's arm and leg.