Chapter 9: Taken

The car rocked gently on the uneven ground. The mercenaries were blurry, their voices faint. The rebels sat with rope thickly binding their hands. Rayne however was not bound and sat next to one of the soldiers who couldn't take his eyes off her. He gave her a creepy smile and she turned her gaze uncomfortably.

"We're coming to the gate. I have with me Drexel and Bexley Ozil, Rayne Everwood, and Geoffrey Stanton," another mercenary said into her dispatch.

"Did you say Stanton?" a female replied. The mercenary looked at the disorientation in Geo's face. "Make sure he comes to the lab first before the others," she ordered. They pulled up to the CDC entrance. The gate opened and they went through. Tons of mercenaries walked around with guns and watched the truck come in. A few stopped and saluted the people in the truck. The gates shut, closing off any access to the outside world. The general greeted them when they got off the truck. He stopped in front of Geo and cupped his chin, forcing him to look up.

"Mr. Stanton, it's so good to see you again. I had no idea you were running around with these... these... what do you call them? Marrids? Why not just call yourselves rebels? That's what you are correct?" he said unenthusiastic. Geo pulled his face away and glared at him. A mercenary came and pushed him along by the face. They came to a split in the hall and took the guys one way and the girls the other.

"No! Bexley!" Drexel screamed, biting one of them. He hollered and punched Drexel across the face. "Don't tell them anything!" he continued as they shoved him into a lab room. Geo and Rayne stood at the split with a few mercenaries. They untied Geo who rubbed his reddening wrists.

"Rayne, go to the decontamination room. I'd have you show Mr. Stanton around, but he's been here longer than you," the General chuckled. He put a hand on Geo's shoulder and pulled him away from Rayne. Geo stared back at her. "Don't worry, Geoffrey, you'll be with her soon enough. But there is someone else who would like to see you first."

He guided Geo down the hall. Geo looked around analyzing his surroundings. He made a mental note of how to escape when things got crazy. The layout of the building was different than when he was last here. It seemed liked there were more tunnels and passages than he remembered. Possibly to make it easier to escape should they get overrun which he wasn't surprised that they had not been yet. They took Geo into a white room and the General left him to his thoughts.

"I need to get out of here." A light green mist began to fill the room. Geo covered his mouth with his shirt. "Gassing me won't work!" Geo shouted going to a corner of the room. He crouched and sat on the floor. The gas became thicker.

Breathing became harder making him cough. His vision slowly became blurry. He fell to the ground, saliva pooling on the floor as he gasped like a water-less fish. A woman in a bright red outfit came in, her stilettos clicking on the tiles.

"It's been awhile, Geoffrey," she said calmly. "Turn off the gas, I don't want him agitated," she ordered. "It's not every day a subject comes back to us after leaving. Isn't that right, Geoff?" She smiled walking away.

***

An hour or so went by. Geo sat shirtless in a chair as if he was getting a massage. His scarred back glistened in the dim light. His hands and feet were tied. He opened his eyes. The woman in red was underneath him. Her white teeth gave him a large smile.

"Hey there sleepy head," she joked, standing up. Geo lifted his head, but it hurt, like needles poking his brain. "You still have the marks I gave you. That's sweet." She ran her fingernails lustfully around his back causing goose bumps.

She smacked him hard. Geo grunted clenching his hands. "I love the sound of a man moaning. It's so... hot," she whispered running her hand on him again. Geo's hands slowly opened and closed.