35.HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I'll always remember those days as one of our sweetest times ever. We played in a lot of different places and stages, some times with more audience than others, obviously.

Some people went to our shows just because they were walking by there, just for curiosity. But we often found people who went there to see "the winners of Little Stars", they congratulated us and asked us what we were working on, what would we do in the future after that tour and we talked to them for a while.

We also liked to see kids and teenagers with Lemonade Mouth t-shirts or even t-shirts with our band's name handwritten on them. They asked us autographs and pictures with them, the most innocent ones asked us if we had met the movie's characters in person.

I wish... Well, I didn't want to meet the characters because they didn't exist. But I did want to meet the actors who played them. Bridgit Mendler, Adam Hicks, Blake Michael, Hayley Kiyoko, Naomi Scott... And the books which I hadn't could read yet's writer, Mark Peter Huges.

Everything happened really fast. My birthday would be just the day we came back home, in early August. We would be the whole day on a train again and we would arrive very late in the afternoon almost evening.

I didn't like birthdays. Specially if it was MY birthday. I had been alone for so long, I had lived my last two or three birthdays alone only with mother, a little cake and, if I was lucky enough, a little money as a present.

I didn't even remember what celebrating a good birthday party with friends who really cared about you, who threw a party only for you because they wanted to, just to have fun, to make you happy and feel special during that day was like.

That was the reason why I didn't know how to react when I woke up that morning feeling that something had hit me. Mariah was jumping on the train's bed where I had slept and was hitting me accidentally with her feet.

"Good morning!" she screamed, laying next to me before kissing me gently on my cheeck. She tugged on my arm so I sat down, she got behind me and covered my eyes with her hands.

She made me stand up and guided me through the corridor once we where out of the bedroom compartment. I didn't know she had taken me to the little living room of the train until she got his hands off of my eyes and I heard a loud:

"SURPRISE!!!"

The guys and our manager were all there next to a huge cream cake (my favourite) and few packs which I supposed that were some presents. They immediately came to me to hug and congratulate me.

"I hope you have a nice day today, Leila" Stella said.

"Now you're a year older, you'll grow a beard soon" Robert joked.

We shared the cake for breakfast. It was delicious and we all ended up really full. After having breakfast, they gave me the presents.

A t-shirt, underwear as yellow as a lemon... And the best thing, a guitar!

"So now you can practice whenever you want and you won't have to borrow mine" Robert said.

I gave them all tight hugs and kisses. It all was too great.

We spent the rest of the journey playing cards, chatting or just taking the hours of sleeping those days of touring had stolen from us back.

I arrived home in the afternoon. My mother almost chocked me with an endless hugs and kisses attack. Like if I had just come back from the war or something...

We had dinner together and ate a small cake, it was a chocolate cake this time, she had bought. Then she gave me a present which really astonished me: the books of Lemonade Mouth! After hugging her and thanking her a milion times I started to jump like crazy.

"Oh my gosh! How did you find them?"

"They aren't published here in Spain, I had to import them. Your friends helped me to find out how to do it".

I couldn't wait to start reading them, but I had other plans that night.

I told my mother they guys would throw a second party for me at Stella's house. It didn't make much sense to celebrate your own birthday in another house that wasn't yours but, telling her that it was better because Stella's was obviously bigger, it worked. But it was a lie.

When we were already on the train just when we were about to arrive, Victor had sent me a message saying that he really missed me, that he couldn't wait to see me and he asked me to go to his house that night.

So that was where I went to. He had already told me that his parents wouldn't be there and that they had taken the only set of keys they had with them after locking the door, so I had to go in through his bedroom's window.

Victor helped me to jump down the window to his bedroom's floor, he hugged me and said "Happy birthday". There wasn't much light in the room, it was pretty dark but I could see her silouette perfectly. Then he pulled a little envelope out of his pocket and gave it to me. I opened it and I loved what I found inside. They were earrings with the shape of a lemon.

I thanked him and kissed his soft lips quickly. He kissed me back, a little longer this time. And we kissed again. And another kissed. And another.

I don't know how, we ended both of us up laying on his bed. He was above me. Kissing and cuddling. I suddenly felt his tongue on my lips, asking permission for entrance. Our tongues started to play and dance together, tangling in a sweet and soft fight.

Victor took his t-shirt off allowing me to cuddle his strong torso and reached his arm out to open his nighstand's drawer and pulled a tiny bag which probably contained a preservative out of it.

I felt an incessant and strange sensation in my stomach. I had never thought of sex before, it was something which kind of scared me. I suddenly got really nervous, but something made me keep going. I wanted to do it. I trusted Victor. It all would be alright.

The clothes started to disappear making our bodies and skins get closer and more united. And I just went with the flow.