21.THE FIVE OF US

We went throught five horrible days after the casting. The jitters and the anguish to see if they had chosen us were eating us alive.

We didn't talk too much and when we did, it was only to talk about that, checkin how we've done it, making negative and hopeless comments and suddenly smiling feeling very excited and optimistic just two minutes later.

That was during five days. Until they called us.

Indeed, we were in! We celebrated it with a small party in Charlie's cellar eating, dancing, playing... And watching Lemonade Mouth.

And it wasn't over yet because we told our families that we were going to sleep at Stella's house, where there wouldn't be anyone that day.

But it was obviously a lie. We didn't go there, no. We were, of course, at the premises.

They threw a part for us there, too. We were like the main characters of the night. All the bar's drinks and snacks were free for us. A lot of people congratulated us and, on the request of almost everyone, we were forced to perform the same song we had played in the casting because they wouldn't broadcast it over the TV and they said it wasn't fair that the couldn't see our "brilliant" performance.

So we did, we played Born For This again, this time in the premises.

Once we had finished and got off the stage I saw and felt a lot of people congratulating, smiling and patting me on the back.

And suddenly I was approached by him. The chesnut-haired boy who I had ran into and then had seen in one of the tables of there a few days ago.

"You did it perfect, you're amazing" he smiled "I can see you in the final of the programme and I'm completely sure you'll win".

"Wow... thanks" I said, feeling as if I couldn't move because of the jitters and the surprise.

"Can I buy you a Coke or something?".

"Well...".

But suddenly Mariah came there and interrupted me, grabbing my arm and saying that the others were going for a drink.

And without ceasing to look at that boy now waving his hand, I was taken to the tables of the bottom of the hall by Mariah.

We had some drinks while the guys were talking. I was just thinking, feeling absent.

Until a concern which I needed to say crossed my mind:

"So where are we going to sleep? Are we seriously going to go to Stella's house at this time of night?".

They surprised and confused expressions intimidated me. Until Robert answered:

"No, we're going to sleep here".

And that answer created even more doubts in my mind besides those I already had.

Once we had finished, they all stood up.

I just followed them without saying a word. At least they knew where we were going... or at least that's what I assumed. At the end of the day, I was still the "new" one of the group. And even though sometimes it bothered me I knew that, logically, there were some things they knew that I couldn't understand or that I hadn't even thought of asking about.

We crossed the whole huge hall and walked until we were behind the stage which, as I already said previously, was in the middle of the room.

We went to the bottom of the hall. Feeling confused, I wondered what was there because the truth was that I hadn't ever explored that zone.