20.BORN FOR THIS

I've to say that it was really hard to convince my mother. But after being a week begging and making speeches with a lot of solid arguments until she didn't know what to answer but: "Because I say no, full stop", she finally gave up trying. Surprisingly, it was easy for the others too.

We called the programme's number which we got through its official website. In just two weeks we would have to go to the casting.

I think that the hardest thing was to choose the song. It had to be complicated and complex to impress the jury, but it should too hard to play.

Strangely enough, we didn't choose any by Lemonade Mouth but one called Born For This by Paramore, a group which Stella had recently found out.

In fact, she was who proposed that song and we all loved it since the first time we listened to it.

That song's message was mainly about getting up everytime you fall, to not getting stuck in the past and living every moment to the fullest, something which was accurately reflected in the huge oporttunity Little Stars gave us.

We started to rehearse so hard at least four times a week and as much time as we could. We got better and better all the time.

At the beginning it was difficult for Charlie to get the irregular rythm of the drums.

The bass of the song did complex and pretty fast melodies so Mariah had some difficulties too.

Stella and Robert finally got those strange and not very easy chords that the guitar part required.

Robert too?

Yes, that song didn't have any keyboard or piano parts so we decided he would play the rythm guitar partbecause he could play that instrument too.

It took my voice and me a while to get used to the high notes of the song's chorus but I finally got it.

I was so nervous during the whole week before the casting. I didn't focus on school, I couldn't. All I thought about was rehearsing and practise so we did it perfectly on that "long awaited" day.

I think the others were very anxious too.

The day finally came. My nerves were killing me. I didn't eat almost anything for breakfast.

Each one of us arrived by car with our respective families. We walked inside a big building which had a lot of rooms, offices and studios.

A very friendly man recieved us, he explained to us how it all worked and then guided us to a room where, as he said, we could rehearse until "our time".

Our time. It sounded terrifying. The time when we would get our sentence. I know it wasn't a matter of life and death, but, apparently, my unmanageable nerves didn't know that yet.

There were already a drum set and a microphone on that room so we just had to bring the guitars and Mariah's bass there.

They finally called us to performance. They took us to the programme's set but the jury weren't the ones who would be there yet.

Seeing all those strained faces knowing that they weren't gonna listen to us but also evaluate and judging made my legs get weak. There was a crowd as the audience too, I guessed thay had been invited.

The other guys (except Stella, of course) didn't look so calm neither.

The time that passed until Charlie marked the start and I heard the song's intro seemed to be endless.

Oh no, I just keep on falling back to the same old.

And where's hope when mysery comes crawling?

I started to sing. So far, we were doing it perfectly. Then it came the second verse and the chorus (my favourite part because of its melody and lyrics) for second time:

Everybody sing like it's the last song you will ever sing. Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?

Everybody live like it's the last day you will ever see. Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?

I got nervous because now it came the part where we had to "interact" with the crowd":

Okay, so you think you're ready. Okay, then you say this with me, GO!

I screamed that "GO!" and sang:

We were born for this.

Then, in fear because they may didn't get it, I reached out the hand which I had the microphone on so the crowd could imitate me. But yes, it worked and we all could hear a powerful "We were born for this" that came from the lungs of the crowd behind the jury.

I repeated that part and, after the crowd responded me for second time, I raised my hand as a symbol of "Stop" and sang higher and higher:

We were born for, we were born for...

There was an instrumental break on that part so the only thing you could hear was my voice:

Everybody sing...

Then we had to repeat the chorus a couple of times more and end with a simple "We were born for this".

The crowd started applausing and some people even stood up. And we got oof the stage.

We were satisfied, but the only thing we could do was wait to see if we were going to be in the programme or no.