15.CDs

One night of the next week was when everything really began.
  As we often did, we were performing in the Green Bar. We just had finished to play Determinate, the last song before the pause after the first part of the show when a very well-dressed and with a serious look man came closer to us and said:
  -You play really good, guys.
  -Thank you! -Robert said cheerfully.
  -Have you thought about taking this in a higher level and recording a "demo"?
  We looked at him astonished. What was he saying? The man took a tiny card from the pocket of his snappy coat and handed it to us before continue to talk:
  -I'm Matthew Jasin Gómez from "Sweet Records". I wanted to know it there was any possibility to sign a contract with you.
  I didn't understand anything. I was so shocked that it was difficult to my brain to indict that information. And I think that the others were almost in the same boat. ¡¿He wanted to sign a contract with us?!
  -Sorry? -was the only thing I could answer.
  -I know it's hard to understand and, moreover, I guess that you all are under-age so you'll need your parents' permission and tell them about it. You also have the legal right to count with a lawyer to help you to read and understand the contract... If you take in it, of course.
  I must admit that the second part of our performance didn't go as well at the first one because of the surprise and bewilderment we were already feeling.
It was Robert who kept that man's card where there was written the address, the phone number and other basic information about "Sweet Records".
  We decided to take some time to debate it between us so no one of us told it to his parents yet.

The next day we met at Charlie's house's cellar to talk about it calmly.
  -Well, there's another problem and it's that we only play covers of, in this case, one band in particular, but we don't have our own songs.
  -That's true but I don't think that it'd be a problem. If we sign the contract they will probably allot us a manager and... I don't know, but most of today's singers and artists don't know a shit about music and they have their own composer, I think, no? -said Stella.
  -I know, but I don't know what you guys think but I don't want to be one of those pathetic artists that you're talking about -it was Charlie who talked then.
  -Yeah, that's true. I think that if we're going to face that challenge we better do it one hundred percent. And if that means that we have to write our own music... why not? -I continued.
  We parleyd a little more about all of that untill we all agreed. Then, each one went to his house to tell it to his parents and ask them for the permission to meet again on the afternoon and tell the others about the issues.

When I got home I found my mother on the kitchen, cooking the lunch.
  -Hey, mom, do you remember that last night me and the guys played in the Green Bar although you couldn't come, right?
  It was true, she couldn't go even though she would had loved it.

My father was an important businessman, so before they put him in a jail we had enough money to keep up with just his salary at home. But once he went to prison, my mother had to find a job urgently so we could get enough income. She found a job as a carer in an old people's home and although she worked so many hours they didn't pay her so much. That was the reason why, as I told before, in that moment our economic situation was a little complicated.

Precisely the night before our performance my mother had had to work on the night shift and that was why she couldn't go to the Green Bar. She assented with her head at my question. Then I continued:
  -Well, so... There was a man who works on a record company who saw us and he liked how we played... and he wants to sign a contract with us.
Then I told her were was the record company and the rest of the details that that man had told us. She looked at me serious untill I had finished. Then she talked:
  -You're too young for this.
  -What? -I said.
  -Let's see, Leila, one thing is go to play into the neighbourhood and the parks of neighbour cities and the other thing is getting into it "professionally" -she said that last word doing a "in quotation marks" sign with her fingers -. Maybe at the beginning it goes so well and you earn more money than your performances give to you right now wich, for me, is so much more than you need at your age. But I don't want you to think that you'll can earn a living with that for the rest of your life and you throw away your learning and education because you find them "unnecessary" -she did the quotation marks thing again. I was looking at her scowling thinking "what are you talking about?"-. But the fame isn't eternal, my child, if you get to be popular enough to make a living with this someday because it's so difficult to triumph in this world, Leila -she had said it all rattle off, very quickly.
  -Great. Well, at least you hadn't said just the outright "no" I expected you to say -I said.
Then my mother's face loosened and she talked now with a calmed voice:
  -Honey, I'm just saying that you should take it slowly and not want to speed, okay? -she came near me to cuddle my cheek but I step aside.
  I went upstairs to my room and I lied down on my bed, thinking.

******************************
Thank you so much to everyone who's reading this fanfic. It's my first one so I'd be so thankful if you lemme know your opinions, either the good or the bad ones! :)

Follow me on twitter, it's the same as here: @laguipikiyokian