Chapter One - "Wow."

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter One

'Wow'

Joe's POV

Nick and I continued our long walk throughout the large music-filled museum. He'd dragged me there because of his huge passion for anything musical. He'd stare at paintings of ancient artists, figure out what instrument it was that they were playing, and then learn everything there was to know about the person and/or the instrument. I'd been there at least seventeen times in the past two months. Nick just couldn't seem to keep himself away, and had always begged me to come with him. I'd never really had any fascination with the museum, though. In my eyes it was just an old, worn-down, shaggy museum that held no interest for normal people. Only one thing had caught my attention every time I went there, however. It was The Hall of Modern Arts. Guitars, pianos, drums, and so much more filled that one area. It was the only youthful thing about the place.

I took a turn down the hall as we passed it, and Nick didn't seem to notice. I strolled through the long hallway, staring at the multicolored electric guitars as I passed. They were hanging on the walls, and in circles on the floor. Most of them were dynamic, having various shapes and sizes. I loved seeing something so capturing and creative. It never became tiring for me. I couldn't get enough.

Piano music erupted in my ears suddenly, throwing my beloved fascination off focus. I turned away from the wall of guitars to see where it was coming from. The end of the hall wasn't in sight yet, so I followed the music until I reached a corner. There were rooms left and right, and I had to peer into each one as I passed. Finally, I found the room that the peaceful melody was coming from.

A girl was sitting at the piano, her back to me. She was singing softly along with the music, and the melody was perfectly in sync. Her black hair fell past her shoulders and closer to her waist. Her tan skin was covered by a neon green T-Shirt and white sequined vest. She hadn't noticed that I'd entered the room, so I stood in the threshold and waited for the song to come to an end.

"Gonna let the light, shine on me." She belted 'shine on me' and rolled it over her tongue repeatedly. I smiled at how versatile her voice could be. She could sound peaceful and quiet at one moment, and belt the next, yet still make it sound relaxing. "No more hid-ing who I wanna be.." She continued to belt at unexpected areas of the song; I smiled. She held the notes for a long time, and I counted the seconds. "This is meee. .," One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven.

Wow.

The song slowly fell into a close. I peacefully, but audibly sighed, slightly louder than necessary, causing her to jump and whisk around quickly.

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed. I jumped inwardly, and laughed.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that." I walked over to the piano and rested my palm against it, the same smile still plastered on my face. She saw me laugh and seemed offended as she began to stand.

 She saw me laugh and seemed offended as she began to stand

"No, it's fine. I didn't realize..." She trailed off and began to walk toward the door.

"Hey, wait," I unknowingly urged. "That song... it was..." She turned back toward me and I finally could analyze her properly. She was of normal height for a girl, but looked a couple inches shorter than me. Her waist was small, but her hips made her curves stand out more. She had a gorgeous face, and a cute small cleft chin, that I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't stared so long. She bit her lip softly, noticing that my eyes were on her body. I cleared my throat and continued, "It was amazing. You have a great voice." She gave me a crooked smile and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Thanks."

"I'm Joe." I said, shoving my hands into my pockets awkwardly. The girl already had some kind of effect on me, and I hadn't even learned her name yet.

"Demi. Nice to meet you, Joe." She began to walk backwards.

"Likewise. So, I guess I'll see you around?" She turned around in her high heels that I somehow hadn't noticed, and looked over her shoulder at me as she walked away.

"Sure." As she walked off, I admired her backside with a smirk.

JJDL