ㅤㅤ⁰⁰⁴ : at least not anymore

Start from the beginning

"Your dad." Mary snorted.

"Mary!" Takara threw a pillow at the pink-haired girl before she turned back to Hanae. "Ignore her, what did your dad say about Mary getting married to... a commoner?"

Hanae shook her head as her father's words echoed in her ears.

"You guys should have heard him, he practically went on and on, about how he couldn't believe Mary would even consider marrying someone with no money... someone below us."

"Great, now your dad thinks I'm a dumbass." Mary sneered before she felt Takara elbow her in the stomach.

"You knew being with Hideo was going to be hard." Takara grabbed her friend's hands and tried to break the news as easily as she could. "Maybe it's time you consider breaking things off with him."

Hanae scoffed, "Breaking things off? We're engaged,"

"You've been engaged for half a year, and you haven't even had the guts to bring it up to your parents." Mary countered.

Hanae pushed herself off the chair to escape her friend's heated gazes.

They just didn't understand.

How could they understand?

The love she felt for that man was beyond even her own comprehension.

She was his, and he was hers.

Completely.

But then for whatever reason, Kyoya Ootori's face flashed in her mind for a fraction of a second.

Kyoya flipped through his files quickly trying to find the papers he needed, whilst he tried his best to drown out Tamaki's voice, as he kept rambling about the fact that the twins threw the 'absolute worst parties in the universe'

He usually tried his best to listen to Tamaki as best he could, but he'd been forced to hear his friend talk during the entirety of their two-hour drive towards his country house, and quite frankly he was ready to slam his head in between the car's door by the time they arrived.

"Hey!" Tamaki pouted as he slammed both his hands on Kyoya's desk. "Are you even listening to me?"

"No." Kyoya frowned.

"I was asking you why you didn't send your assistant here to check the paperwork, the ride seems like such a hassle."

"Tamaki, you literally begged me to come so you could visit that horse... besides my foreman is quitting I've got to hire his replacement soon." Kyoya explained as he scanned the documents with his phone.

He was ready to ignore his friend for the remainder of their visit but Tamaki didn't seem convinced. For whatever reason Kyoya drove up to the glorified farm, two times a year and wasted his time doing accounting work when he was already busy running Ootori Medical, as well as several other businesses he had stakes in.