Twenty-two

Batid ni Firen na sa kanyang ginawa ay maaring tuluyang magalit sa kanya si ViticiPrema.  Leaving her alone and taking her horse. Pero sa tuwing nakikita niya ito at mapatingin sa berdeng mga mata nito ay lagi nalang niyang nakikita ang lungkot sa mga mata ng elfo and he felt somethings tugging in his heart.

A long, long time ago she had saved his life. She came when he was about to give up on life. During the time na kahit ang mangarap ay hindi na niya magawa.

Hindi niya nasilayan ang mukha nito noon, ngunit ang boses nito ay tumatak sa kanyang isipan. He waited for her pagkalabas niya sa Pit sa pag-aakalang maniningil ito ng kabayaran sa pagligtas nito sa kanya, pero hindi ito bumalik.

At dahil hindi siya naniniwala na hindi ito nanghihingi ng kabayaran sa kanyang kalayaan ay hinanap niya ito. He is willing to pay whatever price for his freedom. Ayaw niyang magkaron ng utang na loob. Lalo na kung hindi niya alam kung ano ang maaring kabayaran.

But he never found her.

Sa kanyang paglalalakbay he remembered that she was there at Khu-gwaki because she was sent there to negotiate for the freedom of some Ghenzi. Gusto niyang batukan ang sarili sa kanyang katangahan. Of course she was from Ghenzi. Bakit ba hindi niya agad naisip iyon?

And so he traveled to Ghenzi territory. Pero pagdating doon ay mas lalo pang nahirapan si Firen. None of them would tell him anything about a woman that went to rescue Ghenzi from Khu-gwaki. Doon napatunayan ni Firen kung gaano ka loyal ang mga taga Ghenzi sa isa't-isa. He even lived with them for years hoping malaman niya but none of them would tell him anything. And so he decided to leave at sinunod ang sinabi ng babae. He went to Quoria.

During those times, Quoria was in chaos. The once huge empire was constantly fighting with each other. Palan, Isles, Kurlaz, Ver, Baltaq at ilan pang maliliit na kaharian.m constantly fighting for power and securing boundaries. Ang Brun at La Fun ang tanging kaharian na patuloy na loyal sa Quoria and fought together with the on empire.

When he arrived in Quoria he was lucky to have accepted apprenticeship of an elemental mage named Raiken Windshield. He can manipulate both fire and air elements. After two years of training he became his second in command and fought with him during the war.

It was the war who took the lives of many warlords of La Fun and many elemental mages in the empire including the life of his Master and two emperors.

Finally the third emperor of Quoria  agreed to give Palan, Brun, La Fun, Isles, Terras, Tuskan and Quoria to become separate kingdoms. It ended the war but Quoria was far from being peaceful. Dahil sa naging desisyon ng emperor ay maraming nagalit dito and some wants him dead. But with his masters death and his deadly power he soon become one of the commanders in the kings army.

Ang pangatlong emperor who change his title and called himself king was a just ruler. He has proven na ang desisyon nito ay tama. Unti-unting naging mapayapa ang kaharian ng Quoria. He had two sons.

Ang pang apat at siyang kasalukuyang hari ay nagmana sa ama nito. Just like his father, King Constantine ruled the kingdom justly. It has been peaceful in Quoria. May dalawang anak ang hari at parehong mga kaibigan ni Firen. Si Valerius at Camthalion. Valerius the first born, unlike his father doesn't care about the crown. He declared openly that his brother will be the one wearing the golden crown not him. Which Firen totally agree.

Camthalion is a silent creature. It is clear that his passion was for healing. He has dept, intelligence and most of all, he felt honest compassion to his people and his kingdom but Firen fears that he is too soft for the throne.