Nineteen

The sun was just started rising giving enough heat to warm the cold wind.  Spring is coming.  Makikita na sa paligid ang unti-unting pagsibol ng mga halaman, mga bulaklak, pati na ang mga sanga ng kahoy na during winter time ay wala kahit isang dahon na natira.  Ngayon ay makikita mo na ang mumunting bagong sibol.

Nasa kanyang harapan ay ang bente niya na recruits waiting for her command.  "Alam ko na alam na ninyo kung anong klaseng arts of combat ang itinuturo ko sa inyo.  And yes, it's Ghenzi Arts.  Kung akala ninyo sa loob ng ilang buwan na pagsasanay niyo ay nahihirapan kayo, wala pa yan sa mga tinuturuan ko.  In Ghenzi training start at a young age, as early as 5 years old.  A five year old can hold that trunk, running up in the mountains, regardless of the weather.  But only after a year or two of training. Now I did the same to you, though more advance after all you are way older." Tiningnan niya ang mga ito isa-isa.

"In war, we fight no matter what's the weather, whether it's sunny or raining or snowing. Death won't stop coming even if it's the coldest of winter. Well, it is more likely for you to die fighting in that weather. Death will come to you any seconds of your life. That is why you should be prepared!  Walang pinipili ang kamatayan!  Whether you are a king, a noble's son or a peasant. There are no lords in battle. For all die the same. But if you know how to fight, how to defend yourself!  Every time you go to battle you defy death!" Itinaas ni Prema ang kaliwang kamay, making a fist. "I teach you how to fight, I teach you how to defend yourself!  I teach you how to win!  And so today, we draw first blood!"  Tiningnan isa-isa ni Prema ang  mukha ng kanyang recruits.  She saw eagerness in all their faces.  Mukhang alam ng mga ito mangyayari.

"Today, each of you will fight each other.  The first one to draw blood wins!  Are you ready?"

"Hell yeah!" All shouted in unison.

"Circle formation now!"

Mabilis na pinalibutan siya ng mga ito. 

Rules of combat:

1. First to draw blood wins.
2. Tapping the ground is to yield.
3.  Weapons of your choice. (Long range weapons like crossbow and arrow are not allowed except if both use the same long range weapons)
4. No maiming .
5. Absolutely no killing.

After she announced kung sino ang maglalaban ay nagsimula na ang labanan. 

It was a bloody fight.  Camthaleon lose to Bris.  Ross to Boen and the list go on. She expected animosity after the combat but they saw in each of her recruits faces the determination to learn and to win the next time around.  And she likes their spirit!

The next day Prema was surprise ng marami siyang nadatnang mga tao kanyang training ground. Naroon ang training master na si Bartholomew, kasama ang mga recruits nito. "What are you doing here boys?"

Si Master Bartholomew ang nagsalita," narinig namin na magaling ang mga recruits mo, gusto sana naming subukan."

"Is that so?" Taas kilay na tanong ni Prema.

"Yes, they won't fight without your consent. Don't worry it's just a sparring match, no killing." Pahayag ng training master. Trying his best to convince Prema.

Sa narinig ay lalong tumaas ang kilay ni Prema. "Sparring match? No killing?" Eagerly tumango si Master Bartholomew.

Napasulyap si Prema sa mga recruits niya. "Okey." Naghiyawan ang mga ito. "I'm not done yet." Putol ni Prema sa kasiyahan ng mga ito. "It will be 3-1 fight. Real weapons. A death match." Seryosong pahayag ni Prema. "Tapping the ground means yield or you shout the word. If you yield too late, your death is not my problem. So, are you okey with that?" Tanong ni Prema sa lahat ng naroroon. Nsince walang nagreklamo she took it as a yes.