Twenty One

Dahil sa galit Prema decided to put all her pint up emotions doing exercises. Kinuha niya ang kanyang mga patalim na nagkalat sa damuhan at muling ibinalik sa kinalalagyan ng mga ito sa iba't-ibang parte ng katawan.

The started doing her stretching and when she's done, she started doing her fighting drill until she collapse exhausted, but calm. When the time she was finished, the sun is starting to set in the horizon. Dahil nauuhaw, hinanap ni Prema ang kinaroroonan ng falls. He found it and drink the water with gusto.

She noticed na tanging siya nalang ang naiwan sa lugar. She was standing on a stone at the top of the falls. Ang tanging naririnig ni Prema ay ang lakas ng bagsak at agos ng tubig, the  rustling of leaves and the different sounds of animals in the forest. It was so peaceful and quite. Umupo si Prema sa malapad na bato in a lutos position and starting to meditate.

When she was a child, she was born already with power like all elves. Elves power comes from nature. They are being's that are one with nature. Her power come from heat. The element of fire. Fire comes from everywhere, it could be from the burning fire in the hearth, from the hottest core of the earth or from the heat of the sun.

Her fire powers has been stagnant and become dormant for hundreds of years, because she choose to stay that way, but now, she needs to awaken it.

Like a child Prema felt helpless but she have felt her power before and it was a part of her. She know it's still there deep inside.

Her father told her before that a power without control is like the blood in your
veins, it flows to your body.   When a power look like that, whenever you want to use it, it will answers to your will but it's hard to control. It will come out everywhere to your body, leaving you unable to control it.  The only way to control it is to find your core and contain it.  A power controlled is like a ball inside your being. Contained but more powerful because it will allows you control it, whatever, whenever and however you use it.

Kaya pilit na hinanap ni Prema ang pinakasentro ng kanyang pagkatao.

Hindi madali iyon.

Sa loob ng napakaraming panahon, may mga nagawa na mga desisyon si Prema na kailan man ay hindi niya malilimutan. At kailangan niyang balikan iyon, kahit na inilibing na niya sa limot. Kailangan niyang damdamin at alalahanin iyon, dahil iyon lang ang tanging paraan para muling mahanap ni Prema ang sarili. She had to relived every pain, suffering and hatred she borders in her heart.

Prema realized na tama nga si Firen. Most, if not all her decision in life shows cowardice at masakit mang tanggapin she needs to face the truth, duwag siya. Lumayo siya sa mga kaibigan dahil deep inside alam niya tatanda ang mga ito at iiwan siyang mag-isa sa mundo.  To live everyday knowing na mawawala din sila sa buhay niya.  At ang katutuhanang mas pinili ng ama niya na iwanan siya sa mundo ng mga tao, no matter what the reasons behind.  Kahit naintindihan niya ang ama ay masakit pa rin sa kanya.  And finally not  using her powers, because it reminds her too much of her life and her family  before na kailanman ay hindi na niya makakapiling pang muli.  And most of all, her dream na kailan man ay hindi na niya makakamtan.

So she choose to forget. 

She choose to become a coward because it was the only for her to go on her life.  And now she had to face it all.  Dahil kahit gaano na siya katanda, kahit gaano pa siya kalakas deep inside she was still a twelve year old girl hurting.  Daladala sa dibdib ang galit sa mga magulang at kapatid, sa reyna ng kanyang lahi and most of all sa sarili niya for being so weak.  At kailangan na niyang tanggapin ang masakit na katotohanan, ang matagal na niyang alam pero hindi kayang tanggapin. 

She is alone.  Will always be alone. 

Elves are immortal.  She have to outlived generations after generations of humans until she cannot take it anymore.