1

Y/N had met Jane (aka Dinah-Jane Hansen of Fifth Harmony aka her now girlfriend) a month ago. Since then they didn't talk much. Dinah was still on tour and Y/N had gotten a new job that took up a lot of her time and was getting ready for college to start up. She felt bad she hadn't talked to her girlfriend in a while, but she was putting in work to help her parents.

Y/N got home and threw her stuff on the floor as she fell onto her bed in an exhausted heap. She sighed in relief, "I've missed you so much," she mumbled into her pillow. She started drifting off to sleep until she heard her door creak open. "Y/N are you up?" Her dad asked quietly with Y/N's mom right behind him.

Y/N groaned as she sat up and rubbed her eyes, "Yeah dad, I'm up." Her parents walked in and sat on the bed, "Y/N, sweetie, we both have to head off to work soon but we wanted to give you this," Y/M/N said as she handed Y/N a box. Y/N took the box and raised her eyebrow as she opened it. Inside was a diamond pendant shaped as the first letter of Y/N's name. The sight of it made Y/N's eyes widen, "Is this real?"

Her parents nodded. Y/N quickly closed the box and shook her head vigorously as she handed the necklace back to her parents. "There's no way we can afford this, you have to take it back. We still have bills to pay, debt to reimburse, college fees to cover-" Y/N started before her dad interrupted. "No, you don't need to worry about those Y/N. We're the adults and we'll deal with that stuff. And besides you deserve this, you graduated with Honor roll and got accepted into UCLA. Accept the gift sweetheart you truly do deserve it," he said with a smile.

Y/N looked at the box in her hands decisively. Her mother rolled her eyes and snatched the box back. Y/N looked up in shock as her mom took the necklace out of the box and proceeded to latch it around Y/N's neck. As she centered it she admired her daughter, "There, it looks perfect on you. Now mommy and daddy have to go to work, you be good ok."

Y/N smirked as she nodded, "Yes mother. Love you, be safe at work," she said as she kissed her parents on the cheek. They hugged her as they left with proud smiles on their faces.

When she was alone, Y/N got up and looked at her reflection. She smiled at the necklace around her neck. Her parents sacrificed so much so she could have all that she does. She just didn't understand why they did all they did for her if they, as a family, had more important things to pay for. There were all the things she mentioned before and a hospital bill from back when she was younger.

Y/N sighed in frustration at all the financial problems her and her family faced. To try and get her mind off things she decided to clean her room up a bit. She picked up every piece of trash and hampered every dirty clothing piece and vacuumed every crumb. Last part of her cleaning routine was the bed. She hated that part because she had to strip her bed of the sheets and then lift the mattress so as to clean under the bed without crawling underneath it.

As she did her cleaning of the bed routine she found a couple of things: her diploma, a sweater, some keys that belonged to who knows where, and an unopened envelope. She threw everything except the envelop into a drawer. She quickly inspected the envelope trying to discover where it came from. Immediately she saw the only writing on it on the back in the upper right corner. It read,

To: Y/N
From: Dinah-Jane

It's the present Jane gave me at the concert, Y/N thought as she smiled and opened the envelope. She had misplaced it, the night of the concert when she came home.

Any who, when she opened the envelope a paper dropped out. Y/N picked it up, it was a letter. She began to read,

Dear Y/N,