2•Dreams can come true

*Listen to song while reading*

Hopes POV.

4:30am. The runners usually leave at 5 as soon as the maze doors open. I always got up earlier. To wake myself up, I always need a while to find motivation to get out of bed.

Today it was easy to get up because I had good motivation. This will be my last day, no more sadness, worry and pain. It will all be over. I already know how I'm going to end it all.

I've dreamed of it forever. My dream was to die, to be happy now it can happen. I quickly get changed into my running clothes, tie my brown hair into a high pony tail.

I wanted people to know, that they did this to me. They turned me into a monster, it was to late now to care. I tied up my shoe laces and quickly brushed my teeth.

I grabbed a pen and paper and started to write. I was going to put it in Minhos running bag so he will see it and know why I'm gone. So he can tell everyone that their wish was granted, they can celebrate.

I opened my wooden door and stepped outside and see that no one was awake. Until a voice was behind me. I jumped slightly but calmed down to see that it was only Chuck.

He always sneeks up on me, he wasn't really my friend he was more of someone who would say hello to me every now and again. He had a bright smile on his face like always.

I immediately put on the biggest fake smile that everyone seemed to believe. No one saw my dull eyes. I looked down in his hand and he had two apples. He handed me one. I looked down at it and tried to hide the disgust on my face.

I threw it back at him and told him I already ate. He caught it and took a bite of it, gave me a wave then ran off. I rolled my eyes and walked over into the map room.

The runners will be waking up soon so I had to hurry. I spotted Minhos backpack and shoved the note into it. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder.

I am ready, I am ready to run, I am ready to die. I was soon standing in front of the north maze door waiting for it to welcome me into its death trap.

I saw the other runners start getting up along with Alby and Newt. My eyes wondered on Newt, he looked tired but really cute.

I continued to stare at him until my attention got dragged away from him when the maze doors opened waking everyone in the glade.

I took one last look at where I've been a prisoner for the last 2 years then ran inside the maze for the last time in my soon ending life.

I turned the corner that I've known as long as I can remember. It didn't take long for me to start feeling dizzy, I felt like I barely had any energy, that's what happened when you don't eat. I stopped for a minute then kept on running.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Time Skip¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I've been running for hours, it's 10 now and at 11 is lunch. My mind flashed back to everything that people have said to me.

'Maybe you should eat less'

'Kill yourself'

'No one will notice your gone'

'No one cares about you'

'Your just a girl, you can't run'

'He will never love you back'

'Your worthless'

A hundred other comments clouded my thoughts, they all just made me break down. My main bully was Gally but everyone either did or said something.

I leaned up against the maze wall started to shake from crying so hard. I screamed, louder than I ever have before, I just let all the pain out in my scream. All the struggled and frustrates.

It all made me want to scream so I did. I wouldn't be suprised I'd the gladers heard it. But I didn't care anymore, it's to late to turn back.

I pulled my bag on top of me and dug through it until I found a large knife. I stole it from Frypan. It was the sharpest he had. It could cut through bone.

I had never cut on my wrists before, I was too scared some one would see them. So I stayed safe and did them on my thigh. Today I didn't care who saw them.

I dragged the knife across my wrist and winced slightly at the pain. Tears clouded my eyes but this time I didn't wipe them away. I kept slicing until I ran out of space on my arm.

I rolled up my pant leg and saw my boney legs and cut up skin. I started carving words into my leg.

Fat
Ugly
Worthless
Mistake
Not enough

My vision started to blur but all I could see was red, I was sitting in a puddle of my own blood. I felt relief for once I felt happy. I smiled slightly before I was engulfed into blackness.

Minhos POV.

It was 10 o'clock but I had already reached half way so I decided to stop for lunch early. I pulled my bag off of my shoulders and opened up my bag.

Just before I sat down I heard an ear piercing scream, it was a girl. Hope. I started to pack up again and was going to run to her section to help her but I notices a slip of paper in my bad.

I carefully pulled it out and read the words.

It's too late forget about me. I'm happy now

-Hope

Oh klunk! I launched up and started to run to where I heard her scream. I knew what she was trying to do. I just hope I would make it in time to her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Chapter 2 done¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤