The next apartment wasn't that great. It was in a safe area, just not as nice. The apartment itself had a handful of flaws, linoleum coming up in the bathroom, very old buildings. When the lady showing us around wasn't looking I shook my head at Killian. I thanked her and crossed it off the list as soon as we left.

The next one was a town home, two bedrooms one bathroom upstairs and a half bath downstairs. It did have a spacious living area. Like the first apartment, it was in a nice and safe area of town. I was very impressed with this one.

After that, we decided to get some lunch.

"So," Killian began, "you like the first and third, but not the second."

I nodded. "I'm really leaning toward the town home. It's only a little higher than the first one, and it's in the same area."

"I agree." He said. "But we have three more to look at, you could decide on one of those too."

"True. Thank you for coming with me today." I smiled across the table at him.

"I'm happy to do it."

The next one was an actual house. It was three bedrooms, two baths, and it had a yard. I imagined Henry playing back there, maybe with a dog. I smiled, something that Killian noticed because he smiled with me.

The next one was much like the second apartment, only a bit worse. It was run down, old, and definitely not suitable for a kid. Once again, I thanked them and crossed it right off the list.

The next apartment was in an older building, but still nice. They must keep up with maintaining them. It was two bedrooms, one bathroom, and spacious. I did consider it because it was in a good price range, but I wasn't extremely thrilled. The very last one was another house. It was old, two bedrooms, but it was cute. It had a yard but it wasn't fenced, and if it weren't for the obviously trashy neighbors I would consider it.

In the end, I really wanted that threw bedroom house. But I wasn't sure if I could afford it, if I stared work as a probation officer, I had no idea how much I would be earning.

"So, what's the verdict?" Killian asked me on the ride home.

"Obviously neither of the last two, or the second apartment. It's between that first apartment, that town home, and the house."

"I could see how much you liked that house. It would be perfect for you and your boy. Maybe even a pet or two."

I grinned because that was exactly what I was thinking. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?" He asked.

"Know what I'm thinking?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Well we're just so in sync."

That one made me laugh.

"Why don't you find out how much your new job would earn you, then make a decision." He offered.

"That does sound like a good idea."

The next day, I actually got a call from the probation office.

"Emma Swan?" A male voice asked.

"Yes?" I replied.