Chapter Thirteen

I let out a large gasp at seeing the shape my father was in and that was the reason I was shaking so bad. He was tied to what looked to be a log, his wrists were chained to it at either end and in the middle was a thinner pool that went down his spine but only as far as his knees. My dad's legs were chained at the ankles and he wasn't wearing clothing only a loin clothe to cover his private parts, his body was covered in red welts and he had cuts all over him. Both of his eyes were black and one was so swollen that I couldn't look at it without wanting to vomit, his top lip was split and both his lips were cracked and dry.

What made me the angriest was the barbed wire that was around his neck which was then nailed to the log so that whenever he bent to rest the pole that went down his back on the ground the barbed wire would sink into his skin and by the looks of it when he stood again the wire would come back out taking flesh and skin with it. So he would stand hunched baring all the weight on his back and it made me wonder how long he had this way.

Cale who was right beside him looked better as his body wasn't covered in blood, his wrists and ankles were bound like my dads but Cale had a ball gag in his mouth and my dad didn't. Cale didn't have the barbed wire or the loin clothe, let let him keep his jeans but he was bare chested and it was mark free. I looked between my dad and my brother several times trying to process everything but apparently my brain left my body and it reacted on its own the instant I heard my mother moan and saw that Skyler had pulled her hair back again and was looking at her neck.

I launched my self at the stage and lept up and ran towards my mom, I was almost at my mom and the guy on the throne and I raised my hand making my fingers into hooks so I could gouge out his eyes when two strong arms wrapped around my waist lifting me off the floor turning me at the same time to face my father and Cale. I realized that I couldn't get him so I wiggled out of the arms that were holding me and surprisingly he let me and I went for my brother who was staring at me wide eyed.

I paid to attention to the vampires that rose from their seats when I ran by as my only thoughts were of freeing my brother and father so they can help me free my mother, as I ran towards them I heard the man who sat on the throne yell at the person chasing me not to hurt me and then the sound of their foot falls stopped. I reached my brother quickly as they were only twenty feet away and ripped the ball gag out of his mouth, the sound of his teeth scrapping the smooth surface of the ball sent shivers up my spine but it did stop me from ripping the shackles of both his wrists and then his ankles.

When I was done with Cale I went to my dad and started to work on the shackles that were on his left wrist, "Cale, what are you doing come help me," I screamed at him when I looked over at him though he hadn't moved a muscle to help me. "Why are you just standing there staring at me? Help me?"

"I can't Small Fry."

"What do you mean you can't, never mind I'll do it my self." I just finished tearing off the binding on my fathers wrist when the accented voice that belonged to he man holding my mom froze me to the spot.

"You remove any more of your fathers restraints and I will kill your mother." My mind was trying to process what he said but seeing that I was in such a crazed state I couldn't move but the sound of my dads voice made me look into his eyes. Up this close I could also see his jaw was swollen as well as his lip, "everything is okay Minnow you need to step away." I looked over at Cale pleading with him with my eyes for him to help me but he didn't move, just looked down at his feet.

"Minnow, look at me." I jumped at my dads voice as it was loud and commanding, I turned back to him and he looked me directly in my eyes. "Go back and stand with Zen," when I looked at him blankly he added, "the man that brought you in, we are all fine even your mother." I gaped at him, how the heck does he think any of this is okay. I didn't move.