Chapter Four

Jamie and I spent the next several hours packing, I would take clothes out of my closet hand them to Jamie and she would fold them and put them in my suit case. While she finished packing the clothes I went into the bathroom to gather my toiletries only leaving out my tooth brush and tooth paste and a hair brush. Everything else would go into an overnight bag, that I would have a couple of changes of clothes in as there was no way I'm going to heft that suitcase everywhere I went. Jamie banged on the bathroom door letting me know dinner was ready.

I came out carrying my over night bag that was stuffed full, I probably didn't need everything in it and smiled at Jamie who was sitting on the floor beside the suitcase. The suitcase was so full, I didn't think we would be able to close it.

"I think you might have packed to much." I said looking down at my over stuffed suitcase.

"Don't worry this is nothing, come sit on the bag and I will zip it up." She struggled with the zipper for a few minutes but finally got it when she helped me push down on it.

"I don't think we are going to be able to carry it even together. I will leave it upstairs until tomorrow and you never know they might change their minds about mom and me leaving."

Jamie raised a eyebrow at me. "They might you never know."

"Don't bother, I will carry it down stairs?"

"Yeah, right."

Just then my mom called again saying that dinner was going to get cold if we didn't hurry. "Help me, I think the two of us just might be able to drag it to the top of the stairs. I don't want my dad waking me up to early tomorrow."

"Minnow, I said I got this. "

"Okay, but don't ask me for help if it starts to slide down the stairs."

"I'm good." she said as she picked up the suitcase like it didn't wight over fifty pounds and she carried it to the door opened it with her free hand and headed for the stairs.

I stood at the to of the railing watching a girl five foot nothing weighting one hundred and nothing pounds carrying half her body weight down a flight of stairs like she was carrying a clutch in her hand. Jamie looked up at me when she put the suitcase by the front door.

"Are you going to stare at me like that again Minnow,"

"Sorry, I just cant believe you could carry that, that thing weights a ton."

"Werewolf remember, it not heavy for me."

"Right," I closed my mouth and bounded down the stairs, I reached her with a big smile on my face. God it felt nice to smile.

"What got you all smiley all of a sudden."

"I was just thinking that it was a waste all these years. I should have made you carry all the shopping bags, what a waste of strength. Now lets go eat."

"Like that would ever happen. I may be strong but I sure in hell ain't your carry-all."

We walked into the kitchen bantering back and forth with each other and it was nice that everything seemed to be getting back to normal. Maybe I was going to handle this stuff better then I thought I would. So far so good.

We joined my dad at the table and I took my usual seat and Jamie sat beside me which left Cale the whole other side of the table as my parents sat on opposite ends or as my dad calls then the heads of the table. My dad asked how everything was going and I told him I packed all the clothes I would need but still had other things I couldn't leave without. My mom came over with a big platter of cheese burgers which she placed in the middle of the table.