Chapter Seventy-Three

Start from the beginning

"What was that about? You screwing my sister to get even?" I asked, once Elena had left. I wandered over to one of Damon' draws and instead of going to my draw I rummaged through one of his. I snatched a shirt, dropped the robe and slid it on.
"I'm not screwing her to get even." He replied.
I paused. "But you are fucking her?"
"You shouldn't care."
I shrugged. "I don't. Just curious. Because everything that you keep saying and doing does nothing to convince me that you really were in love with me."
"I was. I wouldn't lie about that."
"I'm done with your bullshit," I sighed. "I don't care about the past, I don't even give much of a shit about the future, i'm just living in the now. I didn't ask for you to save me, I didn't want anyone to save me because I don't need saving."
"Bonnie was going to kill you."
"I thought you weren't supposed to care."
He avoided my eyes. "I need you to stay here for a couple of days. Lay low."
"I don't think so." I replied. "You're not the best company."
"I'm not playing around, Lillie, I need you to stay here."
"And I said no."
"Why are you so difficult?!" He growled and snatched my arm. I stumbled forward as he yanked me close.
"You're really pushing all patience that we have for you."
"Good," I whispered. "maybe you should back off then."
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because I can't!"
I curled my fingers around his forearm and snapped it left. It crunched and he released me. "I'm no prisoner. I refuse to let you treat me as one. Learn from this, Damon. I don't belong to you anymore." I shoved my hands against his chest and he flew backwards across the room, smashing into the large far wall. "See you around."

I left the Salvatore house in literally only Damon's shirt and my underwear. I was exposed and just the slightest bit cold too. I cross my arms over my chest and and wandered down the path. I couldn't quite decide where it would be best for me to go. I can't go home - I can't get in, I can't go back to the Salvatore' house, there's no guarantee that I'd be able to leave again and no doubt Damon's seething with me.
My bare toes curled into the grass as I let myself wander around the grave stones. I didn't know why I chose a graveyard of all places to hid out in but I knew that it was the least likely place for them to find me. I knew some of these people that I past. I grew up with their children, I bought things from them, I helped them out when I was younger. It was strange being somewhere that hundreds of dead people were just lying beneath the soiled surface; rotting.
"Lillie," my name was called from behind me. The voice familiar.
"What?" I asked, voice bored. I didn't bother to turn, whoever it was would have to catch up to me.
"Stop!" It was loud and demanding. I paused, listening for anything, but I heard nothing; no breathing, not footsteps. . . no heart beat.
I twisted on my heels to confront the unknown but my stomach lurched at the sight before me. My eyes widened in complete disbelief and out of instinct I stumbled backwards, away from them.
"No," I shook my head, "You're not here. You can't be here."
The woman took a step forward, "but I am and I need to have a word with you."
"You're dead! You died! Klaus killed you Jenna!" I couldn't wrap my head around what I was seeing, this isn't possible; this has never been possible! Ghost's aren't real! and even if they are, I shouldn't be able to fucking see them.
"The veil preventing us from interacting with you has been taken down. I don't know how much time I have left but you need help."
"Help?" I echoed, and then laughed. "Oh my god! They did not send you to me - I can't believe it. They really are pathetic, turning to the help of ghosts. Have you seen you grave stone yet? Can you like sink into the ground and look at your body? I want to know whether or not vampire bodies rot after being buried."
Jenna walked forward until she was only a couple of feet away from me. "I want you to listen to me-"
"I don't think so," I interrupted. "You listen to me, I don't care who you used to be, I don't care that you were my aunt; I don't care anymore. I want you to go away, poof and disappear if that's what you do, but leave me the fuck alone."
Jenna crossed her arms over her chest and I took the moment to notice that she was dressed exactly as she was when she was killed. "I'm not going anywhere," She shook her head defiantly.
I rolled my eyes, "Fine. I will."