Pawed

Melanie's P.O.V.

3 1/2 months later...

I lay in bed sleeping. That's all I ever do. I just sleep all day long. I hate being pregnant. Especially when your pregnant with an alpha's pups. It really sucks...

"Luna. It is time to wake up." Jacob says. Jacob is the pack doctor. He's 33 and has met his mate. He has light brown hair cut short. His eyes are a dark/navy blue. He's very short for his age.

"No." I mumble. "Luna." He says with that tone I hate. It's the tone that says I won't take no for an answer. I roll over and throw my pillow at him. "Go away, Jacob." I say sleepily. "Luna if you don't get up I'll go get a bucket of ice water and dump it on you." He warns. I bolt up and look at him. "You wouldn't dare?" I ask. He cocks his to the side telling me he would. "Fine. But you gotta help me up." I say swinging my feet over the edge of the bed. I hold my hands out for him to take. He pulls me up and I waddle into the bathroom. I take a quick shower before I get dressed. I put on sweatpants and one of Elijah's shirts I got Tristen to get for me. I pull my hair into a sloppy ponytail. I walk back out to see Jacob sitting on the floor.

"Ready to go?" He asks. "Yep." I say.

He gets up and takes my hand. He leads me down the stairs slowly so I don't accidentally trip and kill myself. When we reach the bottom floor we walk outside. We walk around a little before we start talking.

"How're you feeling? Any pains or cramps?" He asks.

"Jacob...I'm pregnant with an alpha's pups. How do you think I'm doing?" I ask sharply.

"I'll take that as a no/yes. Now tell me...are you sure you want to see Elijah today?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

"For sure for sure?"

"Jacob take me there or I will kill you." I state.

"Okay." He gulps.

Jacob helps me down the stairs to the dungeons. Once at the bottom we walk down the hall to Elijah's cell.

He's at the door expectantly waiting for me to show up. When he sees me a huge smile forms on his face. "You've grown since the last time i saw you." Is the first thing he says to me. I roll my eyes at him.

"Of course I have, Elijah. I'm four months pregnant. Which is 9 months if I was a human." I state angrily.

"I know. I just miss not seeing you everyday. I miss not seeing you and little Joey grow..." Elijah trails off.

"Joey?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was thinking if its a boy we could name him Joey and if its a girl we could name her Levina. They're names you don't hear that often." He explains.

"I love them." I say kissing him through the cell door.

"Or we could name him/her Leanne Liam? Or Galen and Gracie? Or maybe Zeke and Erin? Owen or Olivia? Hayden or Hailey? Ben, Danny, Paige, Mandy? But I like Joey and Levina the best. But it depends on what you like best." Elijah says.

"Well I like Joey, Zeke, Liam, Hayden and Owen for the boys. For girls I like Levina, Hailey, and Paige. Oh and Erin." I say.

"Okay. We'll pick from those names." He says smiling.

"Luna, it is time to head back to the pack house." Jacob says.

"Okay."

"I'll see soon?" Elijah asks. "Yeah. I'll see you soon, Elijah. I love you."

"I love you, too." He calls as I start walking down the hall.

"Hey, babe. I was thinking about names for the baby and I came up with Kyle, Kenny, Aaron, and Sammy. And for girls I like Katie, Penny, Cecilia, and Nora. Which ones do you like?" Tristen asks.

"I was actually thinking about that too. I was thinking of the names Levina, Paige, Erin, and Hailey. And for boys Zeke, Owen, Joey, Liam and Hayden." I say.

"Those are awful. The only names I liked were...none." Tristen says laughing.

"Oh...well if I had to chose one of yours I would say Kenny and Katie." I whisper sad about his response.

"Yeah those are my favourites."

"Okay. I'm gonna go to bed now, night honey." I say walking up stairs with help from Jacob.

<<<<<<<Tristen's P.O.V.>>>>>>>

As Mel went upstairs I went into my office to plan my attack. Just as I sit down one of my pack members mind links me.

'Alpha someone from Elijah's pack is at the borders.'

'Keep them out.'

'He's the previous alpha, sir. I am not strong enough.'

'I'm on my way.' I growl.

I get up and go outside to shift. I run to where my guard is. When I get there all I see is a dead wolf.

'All guards Elijah's father is on pack territory. Keep Melanie in her room with guards all around her. Keep extra guards on Elijah, too.' I mind link everybody.

I run as fast as I can to the dungeons just in time to see two wolves run into no mans land. I growl in anger and run after them.

I growl at them as I near Elijah. I nip at his tail which just makes him run faster. I pounce on him but he just pushes me off. This time I pounce on his father. Elijah stops but his father yaps at him. Elijah heasitates before he runs. I look back at his father and get off him. He runs after his son as I run pack to my pack house.

"Mel? I just got word that Elijah escaped but killed by one of my men." I practice saying. "No that won't work. She would've felt that." I say annoyed. "Melanie...Elijah has escaped. But he was Farley injured and might die soon." I say. "Yeah, that works." I say walking out of my office. I walk up to my room. I slip inside and sit on the edge of my bed.

"Melanie, wake up. I have something to tell you...it's about Elijah." I say after a minuet of her not moving. She rolls towards me worry in her eyes. "What happened?" She asks. "He escaped but was injured very badly injured and I've been informed by his father...he will die fairly soon." I lie.

Melanie stays still for a moment before curling into a ball and sobbing. "I'll give you some space." I say getting up and leaving the room. Jacob is coming up the stairs but I tell him not to go in right now. He looks confused but obeys.

I go back into my office and finally have time to plan my attack...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhhh...so Mel thinks Elijah's dead...😢

Sorry about the skip. It turned out to be fairly big. It was supposed to be 2 months later but that seemed to small so it went to 3 1/2 months. Sorry.

From amazing author friend

ME!