Pawed

• Dedicated to Megan Thulin

Chapter 1: My Life.

My life sucks. My name is Melanie and my mom is making me move from Miami, to the small town of...? I don't even know what it's called, that's how small and un-known it is. As I said before my life sucks.

My mom pulled up too our new house. A farmhouse? Did she really think "I" would live here? Well if she did, she was dead wrong! The house was a light blue color with shutters that were dark purple and lime green. The paint was peeling off. My mom says, "It gives it a rustic look." AS IF! I know I might sound like a snotty bitch, but I'm not. I'm super shy...and I hate moving from the places I grow up in.

My mom stops the car and I hop out as quick as I can. I stretch my limbs that have been cooped up for 13 hours. "Melanie, help me get the boxes out of the trunk." My mom asks. "Sure mom." I say to her.

I grab my box of books and my bag of clothes. I run to the door and try to twist the knob open. I can't. "Um, need some help?" A unknown voice asks. He scares me so much that drop my books...and my clothes. My underwear, bras and and shirts fall all over his feet.

I turn beat red instantly. "I'm so sorry." I say. He bends down and starts picking up my clothes. "Uh...what do you think your doing?" I yell at him. This time he jumps. He looks up at me startled. "I made you drop your clothes, so being a gentle man, I have to help you pick them up." He says. "No! Your not. I don't even know you." I state. "I'm Tristen. Now you know me!" He laughs. He bends down again and starts picking up my clothes.

"Melanie, who is this young man picking up your clothes?" My mom asks from the car. Tristen looks up and smiles at my mom.

"Hi, Mrs. Jones! I'm Tristen Gray. I'm Micheal Gray's son. You'll be working for him this year! I also hear that you know each other?" Tristen tells my mother. "Tristen? Is that you? You've grown so much." My mother runs up and gives him a big, gigantic, bear hug. "The last time I saw you, you were walking around in your underwear!" She chuckles. Tristen turns beat red.

"Mom! Can't you see that your embarising him? You better not chase a, maybe, future friend. "MAYBE" being the key word!" I say.

Tristen looks at me with sad eyes.

Why was he sad? He barely knew me.

"Melanie, don't be rude. Of course he is going to be your friend." My mother stamps her foot.

She didn't really stamp her foot, but that's how I see it when she gets mad.

"Oh, no it's okay Mrs. Jones. She doesn't have to be my friend if she doesn't want to." Tristen says. He may say it without us hearing pain in his voice, but it crossed his eyes.

Tristen looks at his watch. Then back at us.

"I'm sorry but I must be going. It was lovely to see you Mrs. Jones, and Melanie...I hope we can be friends!" He bows to me.

Why the hell is he bowing?

Tristen turns and runs off...towards the woods?

"That is one wiered boy mom." I say as I walk into my new house.