Pawed

Chapter 10: What's happening

Elijah's P.O.V.

I hugged her for along time. When she finally stopped shaking, I was carrying her home.

"Elijah, why did you run away?" Melanie asks quietly.

"Not now Mel. We just need to get you home and stabilized." I say.

Jake comes up from behind me and tapes my shoulder.

"Let me take her for you. You need your rest...especially if..." He trails off glancing at Melanie.

Melanie has her eyes closed and is breathing at a moderate to slow speed. She must have fallen asleep a while ago?

"Sure. Here you go." I say letting Jake carry her.

I turn and walk back the way I had been coming. But instead of jumping in the lake, I kneel next to the water and whistle. The person I was waiting for swims to the top and surfaces.

*****************************************

Jake's P.O.V.

"Jake where am I? Where's Elijah?" Melanie asks groggy with sleep.

She's wearing one of Elijah's shirts and a pair of my sweatpants.

"Morning sleepy head. You are at Elijah's...camp out. He is out right now. He asked me, his awesome Beta, to watch you." I explain.

"Why does he have a camp out?" She asks.

"It's not really a camp out, it's a cabin just a little ways out of his territory. It's in No-mans land." I say.

I knew she would be scared, Elijah told me she would be, but I never imagined it being this bad.

At first she just started to shake, but then she fell to the ground jerking left and right. She arched her back and foam dripped from the corner of her mouth. I rushed to her and checked to see if she was breathing and had a steady heartbeat.

She was breathing, but her heart was beating like a buckin' horse in a rodio.

"Jake...JAKE!" Melanie screams at me.

"What?!? What Melanie?!?"

"Get out of here..." She whispears to me.

She arches her back again and closes her eyes. When she opens them they're not brown but a dark black.

I didn't know what to do...so I did what she said...I ran.

Tristen's P.O.V.

When I woke up in the morning, I was still in Melanie's house. My ribs were mended and healed.

The first thing I do is go and see where Melanie is.

I look in the living room, kitchen, upstairs and the backyard. When I get back inside, I sit on the couch. I flip on the TV and watch the movie 'I Am Number Four.'

Half an hour into the movie, I get this sharp pain in my abdomen. I double over in pain and gasp. I grab my abdomen and stumble to the door.

I run outside and shift into my wolf. I run to No-mans land because that's where she is.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Melanie's P.O.V.

"Get out of here..." I whispear to Jake.

Jake stands above me as I feel him coming out. I arch my back and close my eyes. When I open them again, I can tell they're his eye colour. Black.

Jake runs from the tent just as I had instructed.

I scream one last time and lose control...

His P.O.V.

I'm in No-man's land?

She was stupid enough to bring me to No-mans land. I'm strongest in No-mans land. That's why her dad brought her to London, then he remarried and died. Her mom brought her back here.

I want to be free!

I'm going to be free!

••••••••••••

I take control if her and the first thing I do is go after that stupid little mate of hers...